Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> The Russian Realms

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 16.08.2013, 07:07

Last time edited : 16.08.2013, 07:59

orbiter
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I'm thinking of starting on these realms. I'm ready to have some competition as competition on Mary and Lien is almost non-existent and the margins at retail are amazingly high. This might be ok with some players on Mary/Lien but I feel that the markets here are not as realistic as on Vera/Olga.

Are there anybody playing on those realms? If yes, should I start in Vera or Olga?

To see the the full story click here:
http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/48/topic/103745/view/m:99919643/#99919643   

• Page:
Message list:  

16.08.2013, 11:26

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

I'm playing on Olga. I started there for the same reasons you mentioned. And I can confirm that the challenge on Olga is everpresent. Don't think you can make too many bad decisions or not look after things.

I'm currently not as active anymore there because - contrary to Lien and especially Mary - I don't have any contact with the players there. I check my company once or twice a week there.

Let me know if you want some help to get started, want a good partner in dealing drugs or see any other forms of cooperation.

Good luck! 

16.08.2013, 13:03

orbiter
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Some time ago I tried Vera and got bankrupt. So I don't know if the competition is severe or I have to improve how my stores are run. They sell ultra-high quality goods there at super low prices.

Have you tried Vera? 

19.08.2013, 11:59

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

no, and I'm not gonna :-) 

20.08.2013, 05:23

Jythier
Five years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics

So how do you get started in a realm like that?  Buy and sell at retail for small profits?  Anything you produce right away will be too low quality to make any sense for anyone else to buy.  Is the barrier to entry too high at this point?  What's the business plan to get in on a new realm with HQ low price goods? 

20.08.2013, 13:52

Last time edited : 20.08.2013, 13:54

orbiter

I just realised that it is best for beginners to start on Lien then Mary then Olga then Vera.
Lien is easiest. And Vera is probably hardest.

diska
Accordingly, from 7208 markets on Vera the hot ones (where the trade volume is 5 times higher than average) count just 127 (the absolute leader is Düsseldorf: the excess for the trade of water scooters there is 9,6), other such markets (but not that intense, higher than 2 basic turnovers) count 1025 more, on Olga – from 6930 markets there are 33 hot markets and 790 intense markets; for Anna the numbers are 12556 / 27 / 187, for Mary – 7245 / 9 / 51, Lien – 9472/ 0 / 0
Source: http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/29/topic/101059/view#0 

21.08.2013, 15:22

Jythier

Of course, but it's not as if you can start with a bunch of stuff on Anna or Olga.  You still start with no qualification and whatever your uncle gives you.  How do you work up from that? 

21.08.2013, 15:41

JustNash
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

well, as you stated yourself: set up small shops in well researched places (probably in Greece) where you retail well selected products.

I hardly make anything off production most of the time. 

22.08.2013, 05:18

Jythier

I only do production because it interests me.  Retail I do for the money - it's not really that interesting.  You buy stuff, you sell stuff, blah.  Production chains are FUN. To you 

26.08.2013, 16:23

orbiter

Jythier
I only do production because it interests me.  Retail I do for the money - it's not really that interesting.  You buy stuff, you sell stuff, blah.  Production chains are FUN. To you

I agree with you! Yes 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> The Russian Realms

• Page: