Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> my thought

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 14.08.2013, 05:01

TheArabGuy1
One year with Virtonomics

Looking at how expensive much of the products in the game are and how there are some enterprises that you are unable to take part of with only in-game cash, does anyone else feel like the Virto world is one conquered by Soviet Russia?   

• Page:
Message list:  

14.08.2013, 05:28

Last time edited : 14.08.2013, 06:28

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

Yes, at least I did until I got on top of things. The hard part is to win the first virts. I spent 1-2 years to accomplish that. Then you can invest them to get resources and win more virts.

If your technology is good, you can probably afford to buy the expensive raw materials too (or give a decent offer to the producers).

Most of the industries are available with in-game cash, though. 

15.08.2013, 02:14

TheArabGuy1

I tried doing a couple of tenders, but I am not very great at them. I lost all three actuallyTears 

15.08.2013, 05:17

Last time edited : 15.08.2013, 05:22

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

Ask one of the top companies to support you with premium goods for junior league tenders. A car producer is probably most effective. For a portion of the virts they might want to do it. When the big company have an interest in your performance, he/she will probably offer you the mentoring you need too.

All paid subdivisions can be bought at the enterprise auctions for virtual cash too (no need for virts!), but you may have to wait virto-years to get the type you want. And when it's finally available it will cost hundreds of billions.

Another way is to just stick to the non-paid industries. A lot of companies do very good business without using any paid resources. 

16.08.2013, 01:51

TheArabGuy1

I know that it is possible to make a decent profit off of the free industries. I just think it would be more fun to take part in the other premium ones 

16.08.2013, 06:42

Last time edited : 16.08.2013, 07:10

orbiter
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

TheArabGuy1
I know that it is possible to make a decent profit off of the free industries. I just think it would be more fun to take part in the other premium ones

I don't think it would be more fun actually. I would never pay real $ to play this game because it would ruin the fun and challenge for me.

Actually, if you preferred realism, go for the free industries.
Think about it, which one will show that you are more skillful? Playing only with paid industries or playing with free industries? There is virtually no competition in paid industries. There is (a bit of) competition in the free industries.

The free industries are unrealistic already, you could produce flour for $0.69 and sell it off at $35. Where in the world can you find retailers that have margins of 90%+?  This is actually one thing that should change. Why would consumers buy at $35 when factories sell at $1.50???

So its all up to you. Do you want realism? or just produce billions with minimal effort? From which do you think you will learn most?

Just keep this in mind:
" Virtonomics is a unique economics online game which functions according to the laws of real life ..... you will have the chance to simultaneously enjoy the game and study management in the process of playing."

Feel free to comment or add ideas.

Note: Thanks to TheArabGuy1 and mort100. Thanks to you and your forum posts that have allowed my company to survive until now. Well 

16.08.2013, 07:09

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

You can make a decent profit of free industries, but you need to find the right chance to do it. I commented about the crappy watches being sold at $5000 in a city in France (production cost was less than $75). Recently, I'm enjoying a "boom" with water scooters somewhere else. Who knows what will be the next one when that one ceases being so profitable...

It's either getting a lucky shot in a city with one of your products, or deep-stalking the world reports from time to time in order to look for an unexploited place to sell your trash. Because being honest, people buys plenty of useless overpriced trash everyday. To you Or shiny paperweights, everybody likes those.

Shiny...

What was I talking about? Oh, yeah...

Certainly, being limited to grain q1.0 makes us all frown a bit, but at least there is a lot of variety at industries to choose from. At least, for now... But yes, the real joy and fun of a game like this is rising your empire from the scratch, and watching it thrieving without external helps nor "payment adventages". 

16.08.2013, 07:49

Last time edited : 16.08.2013, 12:07

orbiter
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Rogue_Cat
At least, for now... But yes, the real joy and fun of a game like this is rising your empire from the scratch, and watching it thrieving without external helps nor "payment adventages".

I agree with you 100%! Yes

Read the following:
JustNash
is it just me, or is the game's administration making moves that drive down prices and profitability on Mary and Lien?

If the admins are really doing that then I shall be happy because players would not be able to produce margins of 90%+ in the future. It's all for the sake of this game being as real as possible.

Then players would not get lazy just because retail prices are all high. Players would instead focus on reducing production costs (just like they do in life).

Even if I get bankrupt by this move of the admins, I have no complaints. Most of the time, in business we don't succeed the first time , right? Again

But I don't think the game admins would make this game so real as to mimic the real conditions of retail trade (e.g. Selling a packet of flour that costs $1.10 to the consumer at $1.20). That would mean really small profits for the companies on Mary/Lien. And because this is a game, some "gamers" would be more impatient than others and quit (or buy game points).  I can't say whether this is good or bad for the admins but it would certainly result in fairer trade for our virtual customers.

Lets say I live in Helsinki. Would I pay $85 for a pack of flour or $45 for grapes? Imagine! $85 for a packet of flour!
I can't say for the other retailers but my flour costs $0.70 to produce and I sell it off at $65 and yet I can sell 1000+pcs a week. This is great for me! To you But do you think that you would be happy as a customer in my store? Not so Maybe in the future virtonomics can have something called a "revolt" by consumers caused by extreme prices. Instead of buying from player's stores, consumers buy direct from factories, forcing stores to reduce price.

Feel free to comment/suggest. 

16.08.2013, 18:36

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

What is unrealistic is the amount they spend at stores, and the level of wages and unemployment in the city. To you You need the wage of 3 months to buy new underwear. I wonder where do they get the cash from... Usually, stores are the only way to get certain exotic products, as the transport costs would be prohibitively high for private parties, while stores can order them in bulk. So, it can be cheaper to buy them from stores at those inflated prices than ordering a few units for yourself. But stores usually inflate prices a lot if they are the only supplier of that product (the monopoly thing we talked about).

As for the admin thing, I'm more inclined to think it's a myth. It's the free market what regulates it. No consumer revolts, they are just a bunch of lambs being pulled by the merchants. The only way to counter this is by having another merchant selling at "fair" prices, or being a total cheapskate and not buying. Sooner or later, they would lower the price or face the expiration date. To you

Also, I might be wrong, but I guess that the currency is stronger in other countries than in Russia itself. No idea about the price of points in Russian currency, but the minimal wage (according to Wikipedia To you) seems to be like three times higher in some average European countries. More players, less cash? Or less players, more cash? Again, I might be wrong. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> my thought

• Page: