Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Big Business Opportunities in England!

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 1.07.2013, 11:39

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

The people of England have complained that there aren't enough places to have a decent meal. In fact the development of the restaurant market is faaar lower than the realm's (Mary) average.

This is strange since net profits at restaurants are 66 million on average...

The people of England are paying too much for the products they're buying in stores. In fact, at 50M, net daily profits at stores in England are by far the highest in all of Europe! So please open up stores in the cities of England. As mayor of Birgmingham and Manchester, I can inform you that these markets will be developped further.

Medical care in England is below par. Market development is only 6 whereas it is above 14 on average in the realm (Mary). This means there are a lot of opportunities. Regional policies will support growth in this field.

With world famous universities such as Oxford and Cambridge in the region, it should come as no surprise that England is a very interesting region for laboratories. England's scientists rank amongst the best in the world. Some of the largest companies in the realm have built vast research centers in England. You will find the best trained engineers in London and Birmingham. The university of Manchester has already organised a science conference this year. When indexes are adjusted in the game's october, expect this to be reflected in the education index. Further training is planned.   

• Page:
Message list:  

1.07.2013, 15:47

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Sorry for nosing this much in the topic, you know how I appreciate you, boi, To you but there are two main reasons for this to be like that.

First one, the profit rate, yeah, 40%, the highest one of all VirtoCountries and regions. Second one, duties. Most of food, grocery and consumer goods products have a 30% price increase for being imported into UK. That makes their price increase slightly less than one third, making it sometimes not profitable to get imported products there. That helps to boost local producing, but makes it highly unattractive for merchants buying products from other companies in other countries.

This scares away investors and displaces them to other nearby countries, even in developed world. Unless local producers (both players and NPCs) rose their prices, it wouldn't be competitive for foreign products to compete there, and you would have better chances and lower taxes in any other place. Even if you are your own producer, local prices in stores are too low to make it worth to import stuff from there. I guess those are the main reasons for not daring to compete there right now.

Sorry, boi, that's what I think about it. Not so 

1.07.2013, 17:51

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

as the governor, I am fully aware of the profit tax rate :-). To be clear: I did not set that, it was like that when arrived at the office today :-)

You might notice, however, that I mentioned net profits.

This means that even after that tax, stores in England still are extremely profitable compared to other European regions!

Second: there is no profit tax for labs since they don't make any profits.

Medical centers: construction takes a while. I just want to inform everybody of the low competition there currently is and of the fact that policies will support medical centers.

All in all, I think this game is not about paying as few taxes as possible, but about making as much money as possible. I'd prefer to make 100 and then have to give up 40 to only making 50 and having to give up only 10. In other words: the first situation requires me to pay four times as much taxes as the second. In the first case, however, my net profit is 60, in the latter only 40...

Anyway, I'm glad you wrote your comment since undoubtedly more players might have had the same thoughts. This gives me the opportunity to share my view. 

1.07.2013, 20:22

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

I know about the high tax rate for a long while before you got to power. To you Same for duties. What about the duties part? I have no personal experience in Medical business myself, but except the diagnosys centers, all others require equipment that is quite expensive already. Do you think anyone can have a chance to compete there with those prices/quality levels? Of 114 units, around 56 of them are diagnosys centers. This has to be like this for some reason. 

2.07.2013, 18:09

JustNash
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

The realm's average for diagnostic centers is at 60%. In England, this is far lower (<50%). In my opinion this implies that England could be a region that's (more than average) appealing if you want to open a diagnostic center.

Especially since the entire market development is also lower than the realm's average. 

3.07.2013, 20:27

Last time edited : 3.07.2013, 21:37

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Rogue_Cat
I know about the high tax rate for a long while before you got to power

Lol you make me feel old kittie_2012 So-so glad my grey hair doesn't show up in the avatar

The increase of the tax rate by 10% in January 2012 was a hammer on top of the already high transport and import tariffs to England.

With its high worker qualification levels London is perfect for subdivisions with fewer employees. As an example, MICO runs watch factories with 2500 workers Q 16 @ 500k a day in London.

That said, i trust that it is the current governors aim to improve the overall situation but it requires patience: about 550 updates until tax is down on 30% again.

Critics are surely welcome, constructive input will improve things faster. meow Not precisely 

3.07.2013, 22:39

Last time edited : 3.07.2013, 22:43

Rogue_Cat
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

So, the plan is lowering taxes? Thanks for filtering info, apey. To you These things go really slow to be changed, I know, but no hurries. Well, worth to give it a try with inflated prices. Let's loot the wages they get at your factories. I roll! 

4.07.2013, 11:50

JustNash
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

exactly: the first tax cut has already been announced! This will provide an extra 1.67% of net profits. Unfortunately, customs duties are a national responsibility. We'll have to wait until the UK elects a prime minister to see those lowered. Very we!

Other good news: as promised, spending on health care is now up 12%! 

28.10.2013, 14:05

JustNash
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

time for a little update:

The development index for restaurants is still way below the realm average. This means there still is a lot of potential for restaurants in England! To support you, Allied Democrat mayors have been lowering rents for restaurants.

Profitability at stores is up a whopping 12%! Main factors are improved retail markets in the cities controlled by Allied Democrat mayors, tax reductions, and possibly the increase of investments in the development of the region. (we don't know about its effects, possibly there aren't any :-D)

Medical care has improved. The market development index is now more in tune with the realm's average. Regional funding now accounts for 25% to 30% of profits at medical centers, which was a necessary boost to compensate for the negative pressure on profits.

Laboratories will also have experienced the support from the government. Allied Democrat mayors have been organising sciences conference throughout the region. The region has been lowering the electricity price for laboratories.

Last but not least: taxes have been reduced whenever possible. We are still at a whopping 38% now. In 2 weeks, that will drop to 37%. Taxes will be lowered further. Don't be blinded by these high rates though. Just look at net profits.
Electricity bills will also be coming down further. The government will also continue to support projects that increase energy efficiency. 

28.10.2013, 16:14

ostojictina
Eleven years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron World Cuisines, VII-XV places Russian ball Russian ball Russian ball Bronze amphora of Heraklion
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

The development index for restaurants is still way below the realm average. This means there still is a lot of potential for restaurants in England! To support you, Allied Democrat mayors have been lowering rents for restaurants.

Sorry for questioning, but what that index mean, is it better that index is lower than higher? 

28.10.2013, 18:42

Neeru
Macedonian common amphora Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Off to England it is!

@Osto: A lower index means there is still room for more restaurants. It's like the retail market index E-AAA. A low index is good for you. A high index means that restaurant market is going pretty well. It's bad for your business, but good for JustNashs political cv Very we! 

28.10.2013, 22:48

XiozZe
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Oxellic

Now I see this thread again, I have to say that I have placed almost thirty laboratories in Birmingham because of this "advertising forum thread".
Nash the advertising master Ridiculously 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Big Business Opportunities in England!

• Page: