Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Not to get off on a rant here.

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 14.01.2013, 05:14

RichieRoby
Seven years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

But I'm going to. I'm very frustrated looking at the Contest for Presidents as it stands at the moment. I thought this would be a fair competition, but as I can see by the results, it's not going to work out that way. So I'm going to close my store and "bow out" as it were, rather than throw my company under the bus in a futile hope to get results.

Which is a shame, cause in the last few months I've played this game, I've enjoyed it and already sunk oh, about $100 or so into the game. I might continue to do so, but I'm definitely losing interest.

Why? well without naming names, I can see how this is fixed as a coronation. How does a company with No production whatsoever source Q17 stereos for such a low price and high volume? (for example)

And...  the even more ironic twist that another very large company would come into Perm, Which, according to the contest, was not well participated in, and suddenly offer her stuff as to make sure someone didn't swoop in to take those categories to success.

I mean, none of this can be "proven" but it just smells of "inside baseball." Which sucks, cause I thought you guys were trying to prevent that.

Anyway, I'll let Perm Big Z ride, but guys, I'm disappointed. Not because I can't compete, but because it looks like one company is getting an unfair advantage the rest of us are not. Shame.

Rant off.    

• Page:
Message list:  

14.01.2013, 14:49

Jane84
Witch's brew Bat Head of Frankenstein Witch's hat Ghost Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion Cocktail
Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Participant's tiara of Miss Virtonomics 2012 contest Shamanic Mohawk The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Three years with Virtonomics

That's just a cooperation. Virtonomics is not a solo-play game even if there is such opportunity. One of the contestants asked me for help and made a good offer. You and any other contestant could do it also. But of course all these goods were provided not for free. Only advertisment costs about $200 mln a day.

You may not to believe, but winning my contest costed about $500 bln to win, because my main opponent was helped by the realm's largets corporation and only 2 my friends were helping me. I had no even forage for animal-breeding, each day I replaced deceased animals with new one to have the output with higher than average quality with 14 tech lvl, but have won the nomination.

Now if you want I can help you in the next stage for example in Trademark nomination, I can help to choose the type of product, sell it in my stores in any cities and supply you with raws and technologies. The only thing is that's kind a big work and hope that fair price would be offered. 

14.01.2013, 16:58

RichieRoby
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Ha, well you knew who I was talking about. ;)

I don't know anyone on here, and that was kind of the point. I didn't know I could look for a "backer," so to speak, and didn't even know that was allowed.

Just kind of stacks the deck against those who don't know someone. I can't just start sending PMs to the top 50 companies asking for help. 

14.01.2013, 18:08

Jane84
Witch's brew Bat Head of Frankenstein Witch's hat Ghost Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion Cocktail
Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Participant's tiara of Miss Virtonomics 2012 contest Shamanic Mohawk The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Usually, everything, what is not prohibited, is allowed.

And I also couldn't ask for help, but I sent messages like commercial offer. For example, when I needed technology, I sent messages to 3-4 leaders and said, that market price $50 bln. is quite high for me, but "if you place an offer for 20 bln, I'll buy it the next day". 

14.01.2013, 19:29

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

I do not know anyone on here either. I thought it was probably illegal to get help so I did not ask anyone. I know in the real world people use their connections to get ahead but I thought it would be a fair competition here where the best person wins. 

14.01.2013, 22:53

RichieRoby

All that said, do I have to win a category to move on? or will placing 2nd or 3rd or 4th be good enough? 

14.01.2013, 23:47

Last time edited : 14.01.2013, 23:48

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

RichieRoby
All that said, do I have to win a category to move on? or will placing 2nd or 3rd or 4th be good enough?

If you go to My Earnings, then Contest Rules it says:

"All directors and players who have taken the places not lower than the 5th ones in the qualification nominations can compete in the main stage of the contest. In addition, by the moment the group stage begins the participants from non-subscription realms need at least 15 points of the Management qualification not considering awarded bonuses and a purchased Company logo service." 

15.01.2013, 00:38

Last time edited : 15.01.2013, 00:39

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

I definitely understand the rant. I do not know the extent of Jane's help though. From what I can read here, I'd guess it's more than just some advice and moving up a friend in a list of sales. Far more.

If this is the case, then it is clear to me that the only person to win a contest for presidents on Lien hereforth is the person that can persuade Jane to help him/her. She is by far the best in tenders and the final of the CP is solely about that. I can imagine this sucks the fun out of the game for the other players.

On the other hand: define "the best person"... Knowing your way around the dynamics of this game is one thing. Surrounding yourself with people that can really get you ahead is also a talent. I've seen idiots become presidents of very large countries that way.
(not that I want to call whoever is getting help from Jane an idiot! Far from it!!)

Also: if a friend asks me for help in a contest, what kind of a friend would I be if I refused?

Just to say that I understand both sides either way and that I'd suggest to everybody to try and seek advice from experienced succesful players. I know I did Very we! 

15.01.2013, 00:57

RichieRoby

Jayman
RichieRoby

If you go to My Earnings, then Contest Rules it says:

"All directors and players who have taken the places not lower than the 5th ones in the qualification nominations can compete in the main stage of the contest. In addition, by the moment the group stage begins the participants from non-subscription realms need at least 15 points of the Management qualification not considering awarded bonuses and a purchased Company logo service."

Perfect. I thought I read that but in my "blind rage" (totally kidding by the way) I probably forgot. 

15.01.2013, 01:02

RichieRoby

JustNash
I definitely understand the rant. I do not know the extent of Jane's help though. From what I can read here, I'd guess it's more than just some advice and moving up a friend in a list of sales. Far more.

If this is the case, then it is clear to me that the only person to win a contest for presidents on Lien hereforth is the person that can persuade Jane to help him/her. She is by far the best in tenders and the final of the CP is solely about that. I can imagine this sucks the fun out of the game for the other players.

Also: if a friend asks me for help in a contest, what kind of a friend would I be if I refused?

Just to say that I understand both sides either way and that I'd suggest to everybody to try and seek advice from experienced succesful players. I know I did Very we!

I understand that. I'm glad I made sense. I just didn't know I could "call a friend" so to speak. Or maybe it hadn't occurred to me. So-so Nonetheless, it's only prelims at this point and as long as I wasn't left at the gate, I say game on. Well 

15.01.2013, 03:12

SouthAlex
Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" One year with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
m:
SouthAlex 4ever

Hi!
Some people like to complain about their troubles, and other people are silent and win.

Virtonomics - is a simple business-simulator, including the search for products with good quality at a low price, and communicate with other players so that they may be of interest to you.

JustNash

(not that I want to call whoever is getting help from Jane an idiot! Far from it!!)
Don't be shy. I may be a stupid, but a sly To wink

P.S. I write with the help of automatic translation software 

15.01.2013, 03:30

RichieRoby

SouthAlex
Hi!
Some people like to complain about their troubles, and other people are silent and win.

Listen, don't take it personal. I even recall talking to you before and you rebuffed me. I was simply not aware that I could reach out, as such.

I was only asking for a clarification of the rules. Now I know I'll look for backing now. Kind of a slick, slimy way to do it, but at least I know. Very we! 

15.01.2013, 07:54

SouthAlex
Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" One year with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
m:
SouthAlex 4ever

RichieRoby
I even recall talking to you before and you rebuffed me.
It is surprised
Sorry, but I don't remember this 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Not to get off on a rant here.

• Page: