Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Looking for a Mentor

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 21.06.2012, 21:21

Maxi_Millian

Greetings,

I am Maximillian WorldWide and i own MaxiMillian WorldWide Industries and so far i have restarted the game like 5 times. The main thing is basically profit. So i need a experienced player to sort of teach me the game on a one on one level because i am in dire need of mentor at this point. I get it...its something you probably don't see on the forums but this is my request and i hope someone takes it. Much obliged. Max.     

• Page:
Message list:  

22.06.2012, 01:40

Melchior2008
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Kuwait retail leader
m:
RoMa Inc.

The easiest way to start is with a small store (1000 sqm). Advertise it moderately, set competitive prices for your products, and prior to that, choose the right category of products and the right market (where the prices are high, the required quality low, and small to no competition from other companies).

If you do this right, you'll soon have a few millions and will be able to breathe a little bit financially speaking.

For any questions, feel free to send PMs Well 

22.06.2012, 11:23

Jackles
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"

start off with 1 realm, spend 2-5 hrs. on how to use/work the games plenty of tabs and links, read the FAQ thread in the forums.

I'm new too just started today but am playing like 5-8 hrs. now and just trying to figure out what the OP in the FAQ thread NEWBIE guide is all about. 

22.06.2012, 16:42

Melchior2008
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Kuwait retail leader
m:
RoMa Inc.

The newbie guide is a good read, indeed So-so 

23.06.2012, 13:24

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

yep, definitely read the newbie guides + click around a bit to see what info is available, what options there. Then as soon as you can, make a budget. A financial plan. Be conservative. Keep in mind that you need enough liquidity to overcome a bad day in sales. Make sure that even then, you can procure new product to sell.

My advice would also be to gain stable profitability through stores. After that, invest in production as your financial plan AND qualifications allow. When you have cash to spare, you can venture into agri farms and medical centres. 

23.06.2012, 18:42

myklo
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
SOROS

Study other well run young companies,Maz Inc is a good example.Started properly by emphasizing retail,and is now "maturing" into a "next level" company. 

23.06.2012, 23:45

Melchior2008
m:
RoMa Inc.

Never heard about Maz Inc... Do you have a link so we can copy its success formula ? Ridiculously 

24.06.2012, 09:17

myklo
m:
SOROS

Sounds a little like I'm pumping it up for an IPO.It's just a well run young company.I struggled at first too and looked at similar aged companies that were doing better. 

26.06.2012, 03:05

drkstr1

I had the same experience when I first tried this game about a year ago. I made it about 2 days, and then failed miserably. I thought I would give it another try just recently, and it seems to be going better for me this time.

A couple things that helped:

1) Before building anything, dig around in the City Retail reports, and find a city with a group of products that have little competition, and an average price well above the available products for sale. I suggest specializing in one product category (at least to begin with), so you should consider markets for the whole category, and not just a single product. Once you found your city, build an office and a store.

2) Be very afraid to spend any money at first!! This is what caused my downfall the first time I played. Only open one office, and one store. Only supply that store with a minimum amount of goods (I started at 10 items each), then slowly increase the supply as your sales increase. Same thing goes with number of employees and advertising. Even now I get over ambitious sometimes, and it ends up biting me in the ass. Steady as she goes is the key.

3) Once that store is starting to turn a profit, use those profits to begin expanding into a few other stores. I suggest waiting to jump into production until you have a few profitable stores, because it is a large up front investment, and you may find you can't even do anything with the factory you just built due to supply issues.

4) ????

5) Profit!

I am still a newb myself, so take this advice with a grain of salt.

Best Regards,

...drkstr 

28.11.2012, 00:01

Ternaco
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I'm also a total newbie, just keeping my nose over the waterline...
Checking my financial reports over and over again to try figure out why I have red numbers...
Still doing profit, even if it's a very small one... 

28.11.2012, 00:46

Jane84
Witch's brew Bat Head of Frankenstein Witch's hat Ghost Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion Cocktail
Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Participant's tiara of Miss Virtonomics 2012 contest Shamanic Mohawk The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Three years with Virtonomics

There are some Giudes made by our experienced players in the FAQ section. Strongly advise you to spend some time on studies, it could make your start much easier. Yes 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Looking for a Mentor

• Page: