Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> It's Great for long-time players to say "use the FAQs"

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 2.04.2012, 22:23

Ezekielprincetyrus
Three years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Two years with Virtonomics
l:
4TowersCompany
m:
WorldServicesCorp

I understand long-time, experienced players of Virtonomics don't want to waste thier time helping newbies who don't try to learn for themselves.

However, it must be obvious to anyone who plays this very interesting and challenging game that simulates global free Market Capitalism, the game developers did a terrible job by not writing a well-written guide from the inception of the game, explaining the game rules.

I have bought many old-fashioned CD-ROM games for a desktop PC, and they always have rules, some quite in depth, explaining each goal, objective, and interface, and how to HAVE FUN playing the game.

I'm more than happy to seek out the FAQs IF i can quickly locate the subject I'm seeking -- just like an Index.

I'm sorry if the moderators don't enjoy gamers such as me who don't enjoy spending over 1/4 of my game playing time seeking out info in a hay pile that should be easy to find.

I don't believe those who've been playing the game intentionally want newbies to grow their companies far slower than the "in club" of long-time players, but it almost comes off like that.

It would be really nice if there was some centrally organized set of links, explaining, step by step, every facet of Virtonomics.

Just a friendly suggestion.   

• Page:
Message list:  

3.04.2012, 01:26

Jane84
Witch's brew Bat Head of Frankenstein Witch's hat Ghost Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion Cocktail
Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Participant's tiara of Miss Virtonomics 2012 contest Shamanic Mohawk The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

I think, many of expierenced players are glad to answer the questions. But if the same questions (for example, where can I take grain q.>1? where do I buy wood? why there is no cotton suppliers?) are asked every week, it becomes annoying to answer again, again, and again...

Also creating new topic for each question instead of searching and reading the answers given before, makes other topics to go  on 2-nd, 3-rd page etc. Another new player comes, meets the same problems, doesn't want to "waste" time and creates 5 more topics with questions... 

3.04.2012, 03:39

katsukobe
Eight years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
n:
INCOGNI-CO
m:
JERSEY FARMS

Most love to help newbies,but hate answering the same question over and over ,when the answer is in the FAQ's.
I use the "search word" function with success in the FAQ's and rarely have to use a new posting.. 

3.04.2012, 05:06

Ezekielprincetyrus
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Two years with Virtonomics
l:
4TowersCompany
m:
WorldServicesCorp

Katsukobe:  That sounds like sound advice.  I can limit a search to one or two words, and keep advancing through the listings in the FAQ Forum, and hope my word or words are used in the title.  From what you've posted here, I should meet with better success, rather than eyeballing the titles of the FAQ posts.

I'll give it whirl; thanks. 

3.04.2012, 11:39

faiez
Twelve years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics

i can sell you cheap products, anything outside of foodstuff. just send me pm. i can help u make money fast. 

3.04.2012, 20:00

Last time edited : 3.04.2012, 20:15

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

(If you dig trough the forum you will find more than 3 threads with the same discussion subject as this one)

The game is complicated but we all got used to work with what is here. The most obvious advise for you, Ezekielprincetyrus, is something you can do on any website's forum: Read the first post in the FAQ and then the following "attached" threads or "stickies". (You will even find a link to a highly praised guide to this game there)

As for searching things on websites it works similar to google: if you are looking to get better matches for answers to "qualification", do not search for "personal administration score" ... just like you'd search for "Homer Simpson" rather than "nuclear facility employee"

13.04.2012, 19:40

Melchior2008
Лидер розничной торговли Сенегала Thirteen years With Virtonomics Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor For contribution to the development of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Kuwait retail leader
m:
RoMa Inc.

The blog was of good use for newbies before it was removed (for economic reasons). 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> It's Great for long-time players to say "use the FAQs"

• Page: