Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Brand New Retail Stores -- How Much Qty Should I Order?

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 19.03.2012, 23:16

Ezekielprincetyrus
Three years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Two years with Virtonomics
l:
4TowersCompany
m:
WorldServicesCorp

Hi.  Just started actively playing Virtonomics within last 24 hours; lookinig forward to seeing how well my orders and other instructions turn out when servers get updated tonight.  I have 4 stores total, 2 in each Realm (Mary, Lein).  Each store is 500 sq m. store, with 3 employees.  I'm keeping all the items in each store to one group -- foodstuff only, or grocery only, etc.

Question:  How many of each item I want to sell (rated E usually) should I order for a brand new store?

Thanks!   

• Page:
Message list:  

19.03.2012, 23:36

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

I started on Olga recently and I ordered about 50-100 pieces of each product per turn. You should watch carefully on your money at the beginning. If you need some help with goods let me know, will help you with some. 

20.03.2012, 00:12.     Subject: Thanks -- I have a follow-up question :)

Ezekielprincetyrus
Three years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Two years with Virtonomics
l:
4TowersCompany
m:
WorldServicesCorp

I have played computer bus sims before, plus I read about the "real world" of business all the time, so I know my gross margins in most or all of my retail stores, has to cover the fixed losses of other divisions, such as the 2 offices I have now.  Plus there's salaries at the stores for the 3 employees, advertising, and store rental.  And that's all before I even pay one cent of taxes!

So while I understand your point about being as conservative as possible in ordering for a brand new company, isn't 50 - 100 items far too few items?

I guess another way to put it is, do the items I buy each game week (one real world day) "rot" if there not sold before the next update?

Because if that's the case, then I guess it makes sense to run losses if that prevents product loss as well.

Thanks for the advice, and I hope you see this  in the next 2 hours or so, because I only have about 2 hours before the Game Servers update all transactions.

thanks aaain,

Jack 
Ezekielprincetyrus

20.03.2012, 01:15

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

Yes, you are right. Also you should consider using markets which aren't saturated with high quality products because you will hard compete there because your store reputation is low. So do some market research and choose markets where is no competitors 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Brand New Retail Stores -- How Much Qty Should I Order?

• Page: