Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> making Mary and Lien more profitable

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 13.03.2012, 15:28

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

turkbostjan
I heard something that realms Mary and Lien aren't profitable enough so they aren't planing any new things in the future. As far as we see the latest updates and changes are talking in that direction (innovations for size 2 factories aren't free anymore). I think the solution is to start playing in russian realms because on these two will soon become boring...I feel it in the air Well

I think a lot of players have this feeling.

As this is a business sim, I'm sure lots of you have great ideas on how to make these realms more profitable for the game's owners.

I see two main sources of income:
* payments for virts/game points (payment in cash or by filling out surveys)
* advertising income: views/clicks

How can these be increased?

Are there any other (possible) sources of income?

• Page:
Message list:  

13.03.2012, 17:42

Melchior2008
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Kuwait retail leader
m:
RoMa Inc.

Make points cheaper, so that more people can afford them. 

13.03.2012, 22:41

u0112277
Double corporate chevron Six years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
KT Resource

New players pay to win CM, CD and CP---> Still exist.
Old players pay to win tenders---> 80% Gone.

So in theory, to grow the English realms, the game owner needs to find new players, excite them and keep them until finish CP.  And after winning all nominations, very few players who are satisfied with Max 2 Virts/day - 60 Virts/month will survive. 

13.03.2012, 22:58

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

very few players who are satisfied with Max 2 Virts/day - 60 Virts/month will survive

well even those 2 virts a day are wishes also for us big players ;) you are taking them Well so others have to satisfy with +10 in qualifications Very we! ;) 

14.03.2012, 12:40

Last time edited : 14.03.2012, 12:51

u0112277
Double corporate chevron Six years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
KT Resource

JustNash

How can these be increased?
Are there any other (possible) sources of income?
The game admin should first customize the game interface, style, etc. to suit English players. Launching all the same things by only translating the language and hope things will go well with other nationalities may not be adequate.

turkbostjan

well even those 2 virts a day are wishes also for us big players ;) you are taking them Well so others have to satisfy with +10 in qualifications Very we! ;)
No competition, no fun, no value. Expect no competition in competition? Sometimes...
However, the investment to win tenders has been decreased dramatically because of the reduced prize. So any players who have know-how will win tenders nowadays a lot easier than it was! Confirm. Yes 

14.03.2012, 13:02

Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion

So any players who have know-how will win tenders nowadays a lot easier than it was! Confirm. Yes

I agree with that 100%. Have to upgrade my knowledge a little because I became a little rusty Well 

14.03.2012, 15:51

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

well, as it has become easier for you to win tenders, it must mean it is (even) harder for the rest of us Tears

To this day, I have not paid a single dime to this game, so I'm probably no reference to increase that revenue.

I think I am a rather profitable player though in the sense that I have quite a few page views a day. I don't know what they get for an ad view, but I'm quite certain they make more than a buck a day on me Well

U0112277 is correct in stating that new players should be attracted and encouraged to continue at least throughout the cp. Maybe something new involving corporations and realms can be implemented to keep everybody going after that.

From personal experience, I can say that there was really only 1 competitor for me in the CP on Mary. So, probably, it would be wise to encourage new players even more to participate in the contests. I remember I was a bit reluctant in participating at first because I thought I wouldn't stand a chance anyway as a non-paying player. Maybe there could be prizes for corporations if members win stuff in contests? That way these players might be taken up in a corporation and be coached by the pros. Competing in contests requires a lot of clicks (=page views =advertising revenue).

Other idea: what if you got a game point if you clicked on an ad at least once a day for 10 days? I think this brings in more revenue for admin than the actual purchase of a point. Lots of players would be willing to do this. People buying points for cash might switch to this, but that doesn't matter as it is more profitable anyway. :-) 

14.03.2012, 17:53

Jane84
Witch's brew Bat Head of Frankenstein Witch's hat Ghost Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion Cocktail
Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Participant's tiara of Miss Virtonomics 2012 contest Shamanic Mohawk The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Some figures (). Well
Fishing is the latest introduced sector (November or December 2011)
New contest system was introduced not much time ago (on March, 5 the first new tenders were generated and for today only 2 days have passed), so winning points (or VIRTs) capability between realms was equal.
Fishing TOP on Lien has total assests equal to 9 200 mln. virtual dollars.
Fishing TOP on Mary has total assests equal to 10 800 mln. virtual dollars.

Top-5 (excluding JDS company) players on Vera - 19 200 mln. (! near to exceeding the both international realms)
Top-5  players on Olga - 21 850 mln. total.

So, profitability of the realms can be easily compared...Again 

14.03.2012, 18:14

Jane, I saw you are playing on Vera and geting virts every update Well Do you have some mentor there or are you on your own? I'm trying also on olga and vera after long time and till now no one answered me that can help me.

We should figure something out Well 

14.03.2012, 19:22

Last time edited : 14.03.2012, 19:23

Jane84
Witch's brew Bat Head of Frankenstein Witch's hat Ghost Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion Cocktail
Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Participant's tiara of Miss Virtonomics 2012 contest Shamanic Mohawk The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Have deals with a partner there, like with you on Lien. To wink
Mostly players speak only Russian there, that's why they might not uderstand you clearly or totally Well 

14.03.2012, 19:56

but I translate them in russian with google translator Well 

14.03.2012, 22:00

u0112277
m:
KT Resource

turkbostjan
but I translate them in russian with google translator Well

Google translator does not do well on Russian language.
Try RusTran

14.03.2012, 22:58

thanks for advice Well will try that with this one Well I hope there will be more answers Cheerfully 

14.03.2012, 23:34

JustNash
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

I'm known for not even being able to find a beer in the fridge at the end of a particularly warm and tiring day, so I think I'm going to require some help with this. Where exactly can you find the tools on that site to automatically translate the pages in your browsers. As I do now with google chrome. Because yes: google translations are mediocre. Still, it's free, and it allows me to understand most of the pages. It's just a bit frustrating, annoying and not a userfriendly way to play :-) 

15.03.2012, 00:09

when you enter on olga or vera you get this kind of link: http://ru.virtonomics.com/olga ...

All there is in russian, but if you delete prefix ru. then you get almost all in english. But there are some bugs in translation which can be problem in labs, because some of technologies aren't translated or just says TRANSLATED. This could be realy pain in the a** Well 

15.03.2012, 13:07

JustNash
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

like I said: I cannot even find my sunglasses even when I'm wearing them... Not so

You told me this yesterday. I tried it, didn't work. So I figured I misunderstood.

Tried it again just now: works like a charm! Thanks for the tip! 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> making Mary and Lien more profitable

• Page: