Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Virtonomics Lite ?

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 7.01.2012, 10:42

giekas
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Bronze amphora Common amphora of Heraklion
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Silver amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Silver bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian standard coin
l:
20E12
m:
i.G33K

Based on this post:
http://ru.virtonomics.com/vera/forum/forum_new/16/topic/115829/view/m:100055422/#100055422
I conclude that non-Russian realms are already considered as Lite version of Virtonomics (as we are no longer involved in Contests) and will become even Liter in the future (as tenders generate far more VIRTS than occasional contests, I assume their returns will be diminished as well).

P.S.
I did not understand one point made by Jobond:
on one hand he's unhappy because VIRT prizes from occasional contests always end up in the hands of the same players,
on the other hand, when VIRT prizes of everyday tenders also end up in the same hands, he's ok with it and even dreams about discontinuing lower leagues of tenders at all.

Seems like a contradiction to me.   

• Page:
Message list:  

7.01.2012, 19:31

Melchior2008
Лидер розничной торговли Сенегала Thirteen years With Virtonomics Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor For contribution to the development of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Kuwait retail leader
m:
RoMa Inc.

I've never won any VIRTS. Are they real money ? What can you do with them ? 

7.01.2012, 19:42

giekas
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Bronze amphora Common amphora of Heraklion
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Silver amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Silver bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian standard coin
l:
20E12
m:
i.G33K

Melchior2008
I've never won any VIRTS. Are they real money ? What can you do with them ?

If you want to build mines/sawmills/plantations/fishing bases/artificially increase qualification/decrease qualification growth penalties - you need VIRTS - lots of them.

Some people buy them for real money (price/performance ratio is terrible IMO), some people are able to win them, some others can't win and/or can't buy. 

7.01.2012, 20:33

Last time edited : 7.01.2012, 20:43

Dutchsmurf
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

giekas you are confusing VIRTS with normal points. According to the site:
In the process of playing you take part in regular game contests, drawings, and campaigns and earn all-purpose game currency – VIRTs. You can sell your VIRTs to other players, or purchase goods and services of our sponsors on preferential terms. You can also use VIRTs for the purchase of game points, which you can transfer to the accounts of other players. Go ahead – play, study and make money!

I have to admit it is quite confusing, because the game itself is confusing VIRTS with normal points too. The difference is that VIRTS can be send to other players, which will transfer them into points,  The other thing you can do with VIRTS is transferring them into real money. 50 VIRTS = $ 100 or so it seems. The only way to win them is through the contest for president and some tenders. Outside that buyers of points seem to have a chance to randomly get them. And the "100 friends" thing can get you some too.

[edit]I got curious about the random drawing, so I looked up who won them yesterday. All 4 players however don't seem to exist? From 5 January, only 1 does. From 4 January, again only 1 out of 4. From 3 January none seem to exist. Does anyone know is the random drawing is shared with Russian players and they keep winning them? 

7.01.2012, 21:35

giekas
l:
20E12
m:
i.G33K

Dutchsmurf
giekas you are confusing VIRTS with normal points.

I may not be explaining their workings properly, but there's no confusion in my understanding of VIRTS and points Well
I've never bought them, but I've won them, spent them, received them as points from other players...

VIRTs are owned by some player, but are unattached to this player (or any realm?).
VIRTs become points when their owner transfers/converts them to themselves or another player - at this point VIRTS become points and are attached to the receiving player (and realm), and can not be transferred any further, only spent to buy something.

P.S. to find where player has their company, I just replace 'mary' with 'olga', 'vera' or 'anna' in the URL address.
Apparently, drawing is common for all realms, and, as Jobond mentioned in his post, players from Russian realm are buying much more than players from Foreign realm - which is noticeable in drawing results. 

7.01.2012, 22:15

Dutchsmurf
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Well, because you said "If you want to build mines/sawmills/plantations/fishing bases/artificially increase qualification/decrease qualification growth penalties - you need VIRTS - lots of them." I figured you were confusing the two. Because to buy mines and the like you need points, not VIRTS.

Anyway, it makes sense for them to treat the non-Russian realms as lite versions. As you said, we are buying far less points, so we are less profitable. We hardly get any mod attention either because of language barriers. They asked for partners to step in on the English realms with a reason. Many of the things I think aren't working on the English realm, might be working perfectly fine on the Russian ones. Like corporations in my opinion were a useless addition here. But with more players they become more useful. To me the post you quoted just sounds like cutting losses. 

8.01.2012, 02:05

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

(I heard 1 VIRT = .8 USD, but I don't know that for a fact; I also heard you can't actually trade them in, but need to sell them to other players)

If the non-russian users don't bring in enough revenue, then maybe admin should inform us more on what their sources of income are and offer this information in detail. I'm guessing that if your clients are business simulators, they might come up with some good business ideas if you give them the information they need. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Virtonomics Lite ?

• Page: