Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Speed of research decreased ?

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 27.12.2011, 23:23

giekas
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Bronze amphora Common amphora of Heraklion
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Silver amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Silver bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian standard coin
l:
20E12
m:
i.G33K

Is it just me, or the speed of Industrial tests decreased lately?
Now it's below 3% (2.86) per turn for level 14 techs.

If this is true, its even worse news for new generation companies than exponential slow down of qualification growth.
How are new startups supposed to overcome this one in order to be able to catch up with established powers?

• Page:
Message list:  

28.12.2011, 15:34

AleenaT
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
l:
AlTCorporation
m:
AleenaT Limited

Lucky you if it's only slower. Some of my labs showed research speed -0,01. So it can go backwards even? 

28.12.2011, 19:47

giekas
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Bronze amphora Common amphora of Heraklion
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Silver amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Silver bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian standard coin
l:
20E12
m:
i.G33K

AleenaT
Some of my labs showed research speed -0,01

Really?
Are we now expected to start paying "protection" money to get our research capabilities back? 

28.12.2011, 20:12

Tee_Bickle
Egypt retail leader Thirteen years With Virtonomics Coral Coral Mask Mask Mask Mask
Italy retail leader Shock-worker of Virtonomics Swedish profile Swedish profile Père Noël Olentzero Julebukk Sinterklaas
Tovlis babua Biology teacher Biology teacher Biology teacher Biology teacher Biology teacher Physics teacher "Point and shoot"
Chewing gum Fishing spoon Brazil retail leader Gold SIM Kindergarten's Leader Festive glasses Festive glasses Festive glasses
Jubilee Ten Angola retail leader Bastille Key Bastille Key Bastille Key Bastille Key Double corporate chevron Mandarin duck
Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Denmark retail leader World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Mechanic USA retail leader Mexico retail leader Ball of Costa Rica Argentina retail leader Cuba retail leader Common amphora of Heraklion Greece retail leader
Doomsday Calendar Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Restaurateur Medicaster Top Technologist Retail Elite
Fitness Tycoon United Kingdom retail leader Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Turkey retail leader South Africa retail leader
World's retail leader Leader in technologies
m:
Bickle International

I have not noticed any slow down of my reseach projects. A research speed stage 3 below 3% for level 14 sounds pretty normal to me.

The research speed depends on many factors, like the number of laboratory employees and the number of levels between the technical level you research and the highest research level in the world. And also penalties can slow down your speed, when you did not research all technical levels below the level you are researching now.

@ AleenaT: A research number below zero is weird, I wonder how you did that. Are your researchers using your laboratories as a kindergarten? 

29.12.2011, 19:14

Last time edited : 29.12.2011, 19:59

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

giekas
Is it just me, or the speed of Industrial tests decreased lately?
Now it's below 3% (2.86) per turn for level 14 techs.

http://wiki.virtonomics.com/index.php/Principles:Science#Industrial_testing ...
higher techs take longer maybe higher qualification also effects this. info from some of my labs studying tech 20:

- 2.66 with 100% workers
- 2.80 with 130% workers
- 2.66 with 150% workers* not sure why that is lower but it looks like an exception
- 2.80 with 150% workers

giekas
How are new startups supposed to overcome this one in order to be able to catch up with established powers?
Buy points to pump qualification, buy points get an enterprise from state market auction it and use the money to buy lab equipment and available top tech, buy points for lab innovations in laboratory to speed up lab works. Beware, no innovations available for labs size 6. Study the last 3 tech levels to avoid a penalty of missing previous self-invented tech-levels for the next level 

30.12.2011, 01:08

giekas
l:
20E12
m:
i.G33K

Mike1
giekas
Buy points to pump qualification, buy points get an enterprise from state market auction it and use the money to buy lab equipment and available top tech, buy points for lab innovations in laboratory to speed up lab works. Beware, no innovations available for labs size 6. Study the last 3 tech levels to avoid a penalty of missing previous self-invented tech-levels for the next level

What I meant was, slowing development rates, like qualification growth (and, I thought, tech research speed) puts new people at double disadvantage, or even at exponential disadvantage:

- I've read that on Vera and Olga realms there are several 'free' people who started their companies from day one of the realm and were able to keep up with the 'investors' up to this day.

- I believe that people who start a year or so after the realm kicks off (like myself) can still keep up as long as the jump from under Q30 into Q30+ is not too big. Now it seems to me that this train has already left - no chances to compete in Q30+ tenders means no chances to offset qualification growth slowdown, means no chances to prevent company stagnation.

- What then will happen with people who start now and won't even be able to reach Q30?
They will have to pay just to keep on moving forward, before they can pay some more just to slow the rate at which tops are getting away from them, before they can pay...

For a game that positions itself as competition of smarts to suggest that the only way is to buy your success, well, it's disappointing
(I wanted to say 'cheap', but it definitely isn't) 

30.12.2011, 02:22

Tee_Bickle
Egypt retail leader Thirteen years With Virtonomics Coral Coral Mask Mask Mask Mask
Italy retail leader Shock-worker of Virtonomics Swedish profile Swedish profile Père Noël Olentzero Julebukk Sinterklaas
Tovlis babua Biology teacher Biology teacher Biology teacher Biology teacher Biology teacher Physics teacher "Point and shoot"
Chewing gum Fishing spoon Brazil retail leader Gold SIM Kindergarten's Leader Festive glasses Festive glasses Festive glasses
Jubilee Ten Angola retail leader Bastille Key Bastille Key Bastille Key Bastille Key Double corporate chevron Mandarin duck
Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Denmark retail leader World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Mechanic USA retail leader Mexico retail leader Ball of Costa Rica Argentina retail leader Cuba retail leader Common amphora of Heraklion Greece retail leader
Doomsday Calendar Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Restaurateur Medicaster Top Technologist Retail Elite
Fitness Tycoon United Kingdom retail leader Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Turkey retail leader South Africa retail leader
m:
Bickle International

I think the glass is half full, not half empty. Of course people start with a huge disadvantage when they start playing today. But I think it is still possible to build a profitable company. The world market is big enough, especially if you don't mind to run shops in small cities. We both started the game more than a year after the really big guys like Mike1. And we both managed to reach the top in the technology rankings. In my humble opinion that is a pretty good basis for big profits and competing in contests, especially the ones that earns you 5/3/1 virts. I won several virts last week (mostly one Very we!) in Q30 tenders so I am satisfied. Ok, I spent some real money on the game but I am not a big spender. I never spent real money for lab innovations.

One advice if you want to speed up your research without spending any real money: buy a 18th level technology so that you can research all levels under 18 all at once. 

30.12.2011, 22:03

giekas
l:
20E12
m:
i.G33K

I can understand your optimism while you are still within shouting distance of the top guys.
But you may want to re-evaluate the fullness of the glass, when after several more rounds of state auctions and six or so months of tenders, where even now you can get scraps at best, the tops will leave you behind too.
My (admittedly, small scale) observations tell me that it's not possible to catch and overtake someone in qualification development, unless this other manager has abandoned serious development of that Q, or of the company as a whole. The gaps are only widening, even between very top companies.
IMHO, that's a 'bad thing' for a game, but The Unimportant Change only more facilitates this, spreading players wide across the scale instead of trying to pull them more together.

As for the satisfaction part; I can respect if people choose as their challenge to build a profitable company. But on a 'sandbox' realm like Mary such challenge is definitely over way before the company receives black belt. Afterwards it's contests and tenders that were fueling my interest (oh, and a distant possibility to have a chance and approach the Tops). But now, for the last month or more, all I do is just go through the same motions every turn. Bothering people on the forums is the only remaining entertainment Well
Sometimes people even respond... 

31.12.2011, 00:32

Tee_Bickle
m:
Bickle International

Well, if you don't like the game anymore, I don't think I can help you. I agree there is a lot of micromanagement and that becomes worse when your company grows. And if your goal is to catch up with the big guys, you can better quit the game. Not only do they have more compnay cash (and maybe more real money), I suspect they also understand the game very well.

But I hope I can help you in finding new challenges in the game. I agree you cannot overtake someone in qualification development, but it is possible to gain on the big guys. When I started playing, top levels were about 17. Now they are about 20, so I managed to reduce the gap to 5 levels Very we!. Narrowing the gap to 2 levels is my next year goal!

I still find enough challenge to play the game. I try to figure out what products make the biggest profits. Preferably with the fewest amount of raw materials. I also try to research as fast as I can. And spend my real money as cost effective as possible. I try to reach maximum qualification growth and it is very satisfying when I catch up with a few guys. And sometimes, when I feel lucky, I try to win a contest. So many challenges, so I still love this game. Even after they slowed down qualificiation growth. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Speed of research decreased ?

• Page: