Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Newbie: How to see prices of raw-materials?

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 21.10.2011, 13:38

Last time edited : 21.10.2011, 13:38

ZenoDK

Hi,

Two questions related to each other..

1) According to the ressource section then Leeds should sell Flowers, Herbs and Aromatic Plants from the City Renewable Ressources....

But where can I see which price these are sold for?

2) I thinking to start a canned food production in Leeds. How do i check the prices and availability of Steel in Leeds without first building the factory and the going to the Suppliers section?

Thanks,

ZenoDK   

• Page:
Message list:  

21.10.2011, 14:22

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

1) http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/globalreport/marketing/by_products/16003/ ...

2) http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/globalreport/marketing/by_products/1480/ ...
add the transport cost and import/export duty: http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/geo/transport/15938/1480/15904/15916/15938 ...
(attention: this is for transport from Leeds) 

21.10.2011, 15:47

ZenoDK

Thanks for the fast answer.

Regarding 1) - Then try goto Leeds. It shows that there is nothing available within Flowers, Herbs and Aromatic Plants... but I thought this page shows that there should be a "game supplier" of that ressource in Leeds?

http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/geo/res ...

ZenoDK 

21.10.2011, 16:38

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

my guess is that nobody is producing flowers in Leeds. But that if you should choose to produce them there, you get a crop yield of 3. And obviously, flowers can be transported in from all around the world. Market prices are not necessarily determined by what goes on in 1 city.

At least from what I can tell. I'm not into fruit plantations and the lot. I'm shy game points as is :-) 

21.10.2011, 17:46

ZenoDK

Hi again,

Thanks again for the answer. I had misunderstood the page under Game World -> Resources. There's not much instructions on the page either. Being a new player, I must say that the helpfiles/instructions/general text around this game has.... room for improvement...!

What I was actually looking for was those "Independent supplier".... in my grocery store in Leeds, I can buy an unlimited amount of grapes for example from "Independent supplier . Bordeaux". Is there a way to obtain the total list of all "Independent suppliers" in the world?

ZenoDK 

21.10.2011, 18:14

JustNash
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

of course things can always improve, but in my opinion, it is inherent to the challenging complexity of this game that there cannot possibly be 5 page manual explaining everything Well

As for your question about independent suppliers. Before you start anything new. You should always do your research first. If you're thinking of starting a new production facility, make sure it can operate profitably. Check the cost of materials supplies. Check the market you're selling to.

If you're thinking of opening a new shop: cross check the city's average selling prices with the market prices of the product you wish to sell.

Independent suppliers, to my knowledge at least, only carry Q1 goods. Hence I wouldn't be focussing on products that specifically require those as you'll run into to trouble growing your qualifications later on. 

21.10.2011, 18:29

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

ZenoDK
Is there a way to obtain the total list of all "Independent suppliers" in the world?

Game world -> Reports -> Marketing -> Products.

Independent suppliers exist for most Natural resources and Agricultural products and are being marked with a logo of Earth. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Newbie: How to see prices of raw-materials?

• Page: