Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> How to set prices

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 17.07.2011, 13:25

aliasgar

Well the title says it all...
I am a new player here and I have just opeed a store of Area 500meter square and i ordered godds worth up to one hundred thousand dollars, these goods were a mix of a lot of products like electronics, grocery, household, food stuff etc...
now the goods have arrived and i want to set the price but everytime i type in a price and click on "set the price" the page reloads and the prices return back to zero...
please tell me how to set the prices before i end up bankrupt   

• Page:
Message list:  

17.07.2011, 15:14

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

maybe it's a bug 

18.07.2011, 03:08

ManiaNames
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
l:
ManiaNames Corporation

yea agreed -- maybe wait for awhile before trying again
=( 

2.09.2011, 05:34

campbemj

I found that if I set my prices too high, I exceed the "maximum price allowed" - there will be a warning in RED near the top of the page when the Trade Hall reloads after clicking "set prices". Check to see if you get that warning. I don't know why you can't set prices wherever you like - seems like the market should punish you, not the game - but I know that it happened to me that way. Try setting your prices lower. Of course, if you're setting your price below cost, then you should probably not have bought them yourself! Sell them anyway, because those conditions won't change any time soon, and having at least some revenue until you can get things straightened out will keep you from going bankrupt. One way I use to determine if I will even be able to sell a product at a profit is by comparing the average retail price for the city to the cost to you from the suppliers. When you are in the store - Trade hall, look in the column under "city average Price Per Week"; that will give you a basic starting point on what you can sell a product for (although, it might actually be more or less, depending on the quality and brand modifiers, store popularity, advertising, etc). If you're selecting a new product for your store, that information isn't available in the Trade Hall, but you will still get that info in the Supplier screen. When you are selecting a supplier for a product, the city average information is located in the upper right hand corner of the supplier screen. It's not foolproof, but it is at least a starting point. I generally won't buy a product unless the supplier can provide it for at least 20% below the city average. Once I start seeing some sales, I check the sales graphs (in the Trade Hall, click the icon/number under the "Sales Volume" to see how price and quality are affecting sales volumes, to determine if I should change price or change supply levels. That's an art - you'll have to play with that one to figure out your strategy. I hope this helps... it took me a while to get the hang of it (I'm still trying!), but I finally learned that I can't sell an umbrella for a thousand dollars in Indonesia! 
Michael Campbell
Campbell Holdings, Inc.

Fine clothing
Production | Distribution | Retail

9.09.2011, 10:45

nestie23

yeah the same thing is happening to me 

27.09.2011, 00:24.     Subject: Setting prices

londondendy
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
l:
AGENT 007

Go to TRADE HALL section,
There is an empty box next to the small picture of the yellow van  on every product. Set the price , tick the box of the product you are setting prices for or products . Then click SET PRICES bottom.
If you want to change prises do the same. 
Be unique

12.10.2011, 22:45

faiez
Twelve years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics

enter the new price and simply press enter...works on most browsers and saves time...

always set prices acording to the avg city prices...look into the city market before buying anything..so u know if it can sell at a profit or not... 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> How to set prices

• Page: