Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Suggestions on Industries..

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 28.04.2011, 20:42

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

Hey Ladies, and Gents:

I've been in the clothing industry for some time now, and I was thinking of going into other industries as well. I'm currently working on Grocery. Well, just beer for now. I want something that is going to bring me a significant profit, but yet not take up a HUGE portion of my staff. Any suggestions?

I need industries where I can own all the supply's by producing them or buying them from an independent supplier.Now that I don't like you guys, but I just don't want to make you any money! To you

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

globeballa.   

• Page:
Message list:  

28.04.2011, 21:40

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

try protein coctails ;) 

29.04.2011, 00:02

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

haha if only there were such a thing To you 

29.04.2011, 02:01

Melchior2008
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Kuwait retail leader
m:
RoMa Inc.

What is an "independent" supplier ? Well 

29.04.2011, 04:20

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

an Independent supplier is a game run supplier. For example grain. You'll find that there is an independent supplier, along with most rocks and ores. It's basically the game just selling it to you @ Q1 and usually the cheapest. 

29.04.2011, 08:34

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

I found it difficult and maybe even dangerous to concentrate to much on a single industry because you never know what is going to happen to that specific industry. Concentrate, flood the market, drag down prices and end up stuck with millions of goods on stock vs being diversified, able to sell "a little of everything". 

29.04.2011, 22:30

Melchior2008
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Kuwait retail leader
m:
RoMa Inc.

globeballa
an Independent supplier is a game run supplier. For example grain. You'll find that there is an independent supplier, along with most rocks and ores. It's basically the game just selling it to you @ Q1 and usually the cheapest.

I must have been tired when asking that question Well 

30.04.2011, 00:46

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

@ Melchior2008: lols

@ Mike1: Yeah thats a good point and it happened to me! =D I was in the clothing industry and I relied on cotton from the independent supplier. But once they introduced products that needed more cotton, players used it for themselves (which I have nothing against), and they removed the independent supplier... like wuuut. But anyways, I had to blow more money that the Royal Wedding to make wool farms.

But do you have any suggestions on what products are very profitable? 

4.10.2011, 22:37

SuperCorsa

yep, I saw that things was going to change with cotton and spent  huge amounts of money to supply my own wool, then converted most clothing factories to use wool instead of cotton.

If you don't have a lot of cash , then ' retailing ' will produce the most cash and with the least hassles. Buy ' Low ' , sell at a respectable profit.  ( if you set your selling price to high , then sales will drop dramatically ) Try and sell for a little less than indicated as " city average price ' for that specific product.

Start of with basic foods > as the cash flows in , then try to manufacture and ' feed ' your own stores.

good luck 

12.10.2011, 20:45

thyan

SuperCorsa, you're so right. I've been able to grow my company quite fast, relying at first on retail business. Now I'm about to have my own clothing producing line (sheep farms, weaving mills and clothes factory), because I can't find reasonable suppliers for this particular merchandise. 

12.10.2011, 22:50

faiez
Twelve years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics

@thyan : i can supply u, wat quality u looking for and wat price? i can get u 9+ quality and quantity what ever u want (im talking about bedclothes only ) 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Suggestions on Industries..

• Page: