Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Tenders

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 11.02.2011, 12:55

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

I didn't apply for tenders quite for a while. But as I see this week, it's quite imposible to win anny of them. First I tryed on mary but no succes and than I tred on lien. Also emptyhanded Well But I have to congratulate Jankie for tendering on Lien, you are quite a champ ;)

what do you other think about competing in tenders?   

• Page:
Message list:  

11.02.2011, 13:38

Santa Claus hat The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

It IS possible to win any of them since winners are being announced daily. I rarely contest for any of them because it requires planning, monitoring and strategy. I think usually you need to form a team to consistently winning tenders. 

11.02.2011, 14:03

Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion

I now it's possible to win but you have to put lots of efort in that. Well 

11.02.2011, 14:49

Santa Claus hat The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

turkbostjan
I now it's possible to win but you have to put lots of efort in that. Well

So you want to win but don't want to put much effort into it? That's what I want too.

You can have fun without winning the tender Turk. Here is how I do it:
1. Enter the tender.
2. Do nothing.
3. After I lost I send the winner a message to congratulate and tell them that I let him/her win. Some players would share the winning prize with me because I let them win. 

11.02.2011, 15:09

bobleponge

awesome! Very we! 

11.02.2011, 15:17

Arrigus

I have to say competing for tenders really pisses me off.  Several times right up until the last day I have had over 90% market share in a city, but on the day of the tender I am blown away and dropped down to under 1%, usually by the same players.  I gave up applying for awhile, but recently tried again with the same sad results.  I think it is just another way for the top 6 - 10 players to expand their dominance on the game and continue to discourage new or smaller players from playing the game long term.  

Maybe there should be a limit to how many tenders a player can apply for per month or something like that, in order to give other players a chance to win a couple of tenders and more importantly expand the game.  Having a few players completely dominate any game is never good for newer players, smaller players or the game itself.

The enterprise auctions are a perfect example of player dominance.  When a big player wants an asset he/she just outbids everyone else.  I've seen assets sell for 100B and only have an asset value of 50M.  Does that make real business sense?  The point is because they are so big, it doesn't affect their overall empire and are right back the next day doing the same thing all over again.

I would really like the tender system looked at closely to allow more players to win a few VIRTS and feel encouraged about their part and future with this game. 

11.02.2011, 15:47

3. After I lost I send the winner a message to congratulate and tell them that I let him/her win. Some players would share the winning prize with me because I let them win.

nice strategy Well

Arrigus, about auctions. many of us have lots of money, which we want to spend for those assets Well and to that amount of money we came with our work ;) so keep working and in the future you might also participate in auctions for 100 B and more ;) 

14.02.2011, 23:30

antabr
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Antonesku Plc

It is real to win a tender even for red companies like me (on Lien I mean), not very easy, but anyway you have to do something to win any contest Yes 

15.02.2011, 21:31

I think you got me wrong. I am putting effort in winnig them but the winners are quite to hard to win Well specialy janki on lien. Many times happens, that in tender which is lasting for 3 turns I'm leading in first 2 (and there isn't her/his company in the results) but then on the last turn bang, my sale is for instance 50 million and her/his is 500 million

but I'll keep trying and I think I'll soon start wining Very we! 

19.02.2011, 02:13.     Subject: tenders

hobbit010
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Thirteen years With Virtonomics

Arrigus said

" I have to say competing for tenders really pisses me off.  Several times right up until the last day I have had over 90% market share in a city, but on the day of the tender I am blown away and dropped down to under 1%, usually by the same players"

I had the same a couple of times. I don't know what happened.  I think a strategy for winning a sales-in-the-shop tender is to create a warehouse, export some of the stuff to that warehouse, sell it to the shop for an awfull low price.  Sell it at the norml price untill the day of tendering.  You can then drop your price drastically, sell an awful amount (provided it was in stock- and still make a profit in the shop as this is what normally counts.

I'll try in the near future and come back to you guys.

By the way I do not feel for limiting tender participation. I actually think there should be more tenders- and more evenly spread over all the countries and cities. Sometimes I feel spain and GB are priviliged.  But I can be wrong-I did not apply any statistics here.

Keep on playing! 

19.02.2011, 14:11

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Turkbostjan, I'd try to increase sales in the first 2 updates - more than 50% of market (more advertising, branding,  better quality, right price) and do a price adjustment for the last day. Good luck! 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Tenders

• Page: