Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Timber from StarterFund for new players

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 1.10.2010, 12:25

Last time edited : 1.10.2010, 12:29

StarterFund
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
m:
StarterFund

I am beginning to have more and more reservations about timber being supplied from the fund to new players.

Timber does not have an independent supplier in Mary, so when players reach 10 billion in assets, they are then either forced to buy their own sawmill or change production lines and close/sell off their paper and furniture factories.

Are we (fund sponsors and other interested players) actually doing a dis-service for new players?

Especially with timber from the fund, i seem to see that players grow in assets quite quickly since furniture fetches a very good retail price.  any newish player who relies on timber from the fund and does not have other production lines not requiring timber will sink very quickly if they do not get their own sawmill.

The other slight concern is the HQ grain that the fund supplies.  Again, once the player/customer reaches 10 billion, they will not have access to our HQ grain.  They need to quickly reduce the quality of their animals to 2, or their animals will die.  This one is not so bad because there is an ind supplier for grain.  It only means they lower the quality of their animals, live with overall lower quality of products until their tech eventually push the quality up ever so slowly.

i do believe the 10 b limit to be quite fair, but don't like to see us 'forcing' players to buy sawmills because they got spoilt by us, with no ind supplier and no open market supplies for timber, at least now and the last few months.

comments, observations and advice are welcome for how we can better service new players.   

• Page:
Message list:  

1.10.2010, 17:49

Last time edited : 1.10.2010, 17:49

Ksar
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics Bronze bed-clothing Silver underwear Estonian silver coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Badge "50 years of Gagarin's flight" Spacesuit astronaut Astronaut helmet
Astronaut boots Santa Claus furcoat Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Ksar Corp
m:
Ksar Corp

From my point of view supply of resourses of new players is the same as simply offer to everybody who want
10 billions to start and if some players have problems - this is due to fund break the main point of game "think carefully before you do something" -- you can think nothing and just use fund resourses...

by other words that means if you use starter fund as sponsor you should understand that this is "Starter" fund
and you don't have "your own business" until you using fund supplies

that's why I don't like that's idea - I prefer to help definite players with definite contracts )))

P.S.
imho 10 billions isn't enough -
there should be also a time limit to prevent unhonest players use clones to get HQ and rare resourses from fund unlimited time, one month is enough I think

keep assets below 10 billions is very very simple during a years... 

1.10.2010, 19:24

StarterFund
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
m:
StarterFund

thankyou, ksar.  good point about the potential abuse with clones - or just being lazy..

agree to a point about necessity to plan ahead as well, though for REALLY new players, learning about the game at first may be challenging enough, and a helping hand is all the sponsors have in mind.

have only begun to look at repeat offenders of orders over max limit, but will start to monitor customers a bit more, though i don't have too much history to go on because i've not taken over the fund for very long.  

dishonest customers beware Ridiculously 

2.10.2010, 06:01

Santa Claus hat The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

StarterFund

Timber does not have an independent supplier in Mary, so when players reach 10 billion in assets, they are then either forced to buy their own sawmill or change production lines and close/sell off their paper and furniture factories.

Are we (fund sponsors and other interested players) actually doing a dis-service for new players?

NO!
1. Most player wouldn't just only produce paper/newspaper or furniture
2. Once they have reached $10 bil, many should have won some Virts either through contests or tenders.
3. Most already planned out what to do once they have reached the threshold.
4. Unlike mines, sawmills are FOREVER! worth the money/game point.
5. See 4. 

2.10.2010, 19:09

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

Kh0i, agree sawmills last forever unlike mines, but did have a couple players recently with timber supply problems once they became black.

any suggestions/pearls of wisdom to help new players better understand the potential pain when they grow too big for the Fund would be good.

i thought of sending courtesy pm's before the players become black, but that takes too much monitoring, and, as Ksar said, the game should encourage planning ahead, so they should be able to look after themselves.

i may just be a worry wort.

just don't want us (fund helpers) to trip new players with our good intentions. 

9.10.2010, 15:01

Last time edited : 9.10.2010, 15:10

Biesas
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Biesas Limited

i agree with starterfund, there need understud for new players one thing, one day all starter semi products will be closed. there is reason why in begining of my electronics production i build all plastic production line and in "ending of good days" i produce about 2/3 of my company needs. and second one thing, if you don't have your own rare resourses like timber or herbs, better don't start work there.
i don't agree with khoi, sure you can win in contests, but you can easy lose to, for example i think my director contest been hard for many reasons;] first one to many strong oponents (for example i start director contest i been "in bottom or midle position", second one  for example are you;]] i mean your large markets in turkey;] but i find this fun. 

9.10.2010, 15:05

Biesas
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Biesas Limited

p.s. and look in my president contest;] tell me how many chaces i have to win here;] i think there need change some rules for those contests like this one, cos some players start play earlier and are biger and many times stronger in begining. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Timber from StarterFund for new players

• Page: