Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> The Ban stick.

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 14.07.2010, 08:52

Smelz
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods

Wow i have been wielding the ban stick alot today. my arms are tired.

Please understand, if a factory has a limit on it FOLLOW the LIMIT set  there are now consequences for your actions.

+1 to the developers   

• Page:
Message list:  

19.07.2010, 16:31

Last time edited : 19.07.2010, 16:37

Ubor
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Four years with Virtonomics

Can only agree with the sticking to the limits! I've been trying not to ban people and give them the benefit of the doubt and mailing them to start with but my patience is diminishing with some clients. Well

I have had some confusion over what limits should be - I am guessing because there are so many people from so many countries on here and Google Translate isn't always as good as it should be! There is a lot of geeky finance lingo on Virtonomics but not much game specific lingo. Maybe we should as players think about what could be used on short building names to say things which we could list on the website translated into different languages?

I'm hesitant to suggest any abbreviations as I am sure better ones can be created by everyone but things that jump to my mind are:

NW - No Warehouses / Factories Only
xxx MPO - xxx Max Per Order
xxx MPC - xxx Max Per Corp
FFA - Free For All (for instances such as a one off sale - where people bulk buy beyond your production capability so really you want to cancel the order the following week.)
.... sure there are more. Suggestions/improvements? If we get together a single post with it all listed then I could link people to the post when problems occur to ensure everyone is on the same page.

I agree wtih Smelz tho - +1 for the developers for this, but it would be +10 for the developers if we can get more control over who we are selling to and at what price. It would eliminate all of the problems above.

I can understand the idea of markets for raw materials - this is pretty close to what happens in real life with commodities across the world - but I can think of only very few manufacturing situations where this is true - you wouldn't just dump your stock on to the market and let anyone buy it. If you had bad buyers you might not sell as much to them to minimise your risk - but you probably would not "ban them" from purchasing as any money is good money. Also if you have a client higher up your supply chain and they sent in an order for 10 times their normal amount you just would not supply everyone lower down with nothing at all that week as it was destroy your business. At the minimum you would have a ceiling in place - but in reality the business supplying the product would have to agree to the change as well. Yes someone could increase their order, but until the company approves it you would not get the extra product. At the moment my staff effectively say yes to any change regardless of how bad it is - it makes you want to sack the lot of them! Well

It is also frustrating not to be able to reward you best clients occasionally. In the real world you would offer incentives or give them the occasional reduced price to improve relations and hopefully improve the amount they purchase off you. I know there are several threads about this across the forums about this - but I just hope one day we will get some more realistic control of this area as I believe it is key to the way businesses operate in reality. 

19.07.2010, 19:40

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

the only problem i see with the shorthand like MPO, MPC would be for newbies who have no idea what they would stand for.  guess if you then chase it up with a pm and warning but no ban, life is good.  however, some players have hundreds of customers, and to set/check orders would become time consuming 

31.07.2010, 00:00

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Nice is banning working well now, seems players dont care if you have been fiddeling with your stick a lot Very we! don't know been on holiday for a month ? 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> The Ban stick.

• Page: