Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> I am no longer playing actively Virtonomics

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 9.07.2010, 03:58

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Just for the record or for those who care, I am no longer playing actively, so I shut down everything except stock raising - those can go on indefinitly without any adjustment - ie. no amortization. I dont leave the game, I will check in sometimes, read the forums, and try to make it a better game, I just stop the daily activity of my company.

I like this game very much, but unfortunately it greatly rewards micromanagement, which I find more and more tedious/boring recently.
By far the best aspect of Virtonomics is that your RL skills matter a lot, not the time spent in-game. If you are crafty enough, you can beat everybody with only a few minutes daily. But as you grow you need to spend more and more time just micromanage your company. And its just boring.
I want to make strategic decisions, and not check and set manually everything for 100-200+ divisions

I could optimize much more on my company, but I wont do it because it would require 50-100 more factories and 20-30 more shops, and as time goes, even more and more. The game severly lacks tools to manage a big and growing empire

I still enjoy it a lot, just I feel that I will get bored, annoyed if I will carry on.

I wanted to go for the top spot - and with my skills, brain, not with my time - and as soon as it becames next to impossible, I stop it, and I dont care.

And that point came around already I think.

So good luck for everybody

regards,
Deira   

• Page:
Message list:  

9.07.2010, 04:44

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

I totally agree with you. I dislike micromanagement. There is no skills in it. It's just labor. I have posted a suggestion about a mechanism that relieves experienced players of some of the trivial tasks. I wish someday this can happen in some way. But it will be quite a significant change indeed.

Good luck and best wishes.Well 

9.07.2010, 09:14

VladTechs
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Totally agree with dislike of micromanagment. I'd suggest a tool for stores wich could set active orders for you in the % level - 100% of goods bought last turn, 110%, 90%, ...
If there are couple of orders they will be set with same relation - while minimal order is 1.
It can be very handy! But I dont think it should cost virts in the stores - with 30-50 stores hardly someone will buy.
For the factories there should be option of automatic order for every raw - wheb you push it if needed it finds needed amount of raws in the range of qual in the range of prices.
If nothing found - u can look for the goods manually. It should be money cost for small facts and maybe virt or 2 for huge facts.
Hope eventually the admins adjust the game so in different levels u manage different aspects of the game.
When u small - it less time consuming - when u big it much much more time consuming so there need to be tools that let u enjoy the game and not being pissed off by redundant micromanagment that consume too much time. 
"Be the change you want to see in the world."

9.07.2010, 17:47

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Sad news Deira, but I'm glad to hear you will still be checking in from time to time.
Just for curiosity have you considered trying to achieve a different goal than top spot?

While I agree with most of what you say I think there should be advantages for spending time playing the game.

Having said that I think there is definately room for some management tools, some people simply can't or don't want to spend many hours finetuning every detail of their company. It would be nice to be able to choose our own level of involvement without destroying our company.
I'd even suggest some inbuilt inefficiencies for these management tools (possibly also with premium high efficiency variants). 

9.07.2010, 22:14

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Yes, Deira, sad news...

Good luck at your new time-spending: job, education, personal life - or what are you planning to do in this extra-time! 

10.07.2010, 02:13

Ksar
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics Bronze bed-clothing Silver underwear Estonian silver coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Badge "50 years of Gagarin's flight" Spacesuit astronaut Astronaut helmet
Astronaut boots Santa Claus furcoat Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Ksar Corp
m:
Ksar Corp

good luck Deira Well sometimes everybody need time to play and time to make RL things
and this is just game at the end ) so just enjoy your life )

PS i often use company-managment and don't see everyday anything ))) just make contest and tenders things and this is funny )) 

10.07.2010, 05:56

Santa Claus hat The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

That's a sad story bro.

From a business perspective, the good news is that there will be 1 less competitor for everyone. Very we! 

10.07.2010, 09:22.     Subject: Deira

light76212001
Laboratory assistant’s overall

Good luck Diera.  Spiritual matters it is. yes. 

10.07.2010, 14:34

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

hope you check in at the forum regularly, Deira.  Will miss your posts otherwise.

your company will probably stay well for quite a long time, so if you ever have a bit more time, perhaps you can pick a path that would be less time consuming for you, but still be of interest somehow.

do stay in touch! 

4.08.2010, 02:32

Last time edited : 4.08.2010, 02:33

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Tears To bad, your right in a way, somehow i like the hussle a bit but i hope it with expanding the subdivisions, maby something for the future ....

Good Luck in anyway  To wink 

28.09.2010, 08:36

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

I am no longer playing actively Virtonomics
Me too. Will return in 2-3 monthes. Good luck. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> I am no longer playing actively Virtonomics

• Page: