Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Has anyone played Eve-Online?

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 22.06.2010, 08:46

erasmus42
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I used to play Eve-Online, which can be described as 'internet spaceships'.  It has also been called an economics simulator in an internet spaceships wrapper.  So, I've found Virtonomics to have many of the same economics aspects.  One big difference in Eve is that all the minerals are 'manually' mined by players and almost all the products are items used by players.  I get my trading fix without having to have a second job.  ;)

Is there anyone out there that has spent hours zapping Scordite or hauling stuff 30 jumps into Jita?   

• Page:
Message list:  

23.06.2010, 03:40

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Very we!

I mined about for an hour, and then decided that its waaaay boring, and never done it again, and figured that trading is much better, and require much more finesse Well

I traded for a while, and then became a big time manufacturer.

EVE rocks big time, IMO its by far the best economic game out there, even much better than Virtonomics, because practically there is no limitation, and if you are crafty enough, you can outsmart everybody, and you can be who you really wanna be.

Industrialist
Contractor
Hired Gun
Spy, Infiltrator - GHSC anybody?
Scammer, con man - Dentara Rast, anybody?
Miner
Speculator
Monopolist
CEO of a 100+ player company
Market cornerer
Pirate
Suicide ganker :-)
Explorer
Leader of 5-10K player alliance
Politician
Investor
Man of Reputation

The one downside of the game  - as in real life - if people let alone to govern themselves - sooner or later big structures, alliances emerge, which governs with iron fist, and then comes politics, drama,  dirty bargaining, power and corruption.
You know, all the fun stuffs as in RL politics.

And after a while most of the key aspects of the gameworld is under the control of powerful alliances, who are constantly in war, but nevertheless, you are forced sooner or later to become a teamplayer. And I prefer to be a lone wolf.
But because EVE is a cruel world - for example, if you get shot, you can lost everthing you have on you in your ship - alone you cant stand a chance against a big corporation no matter, how crafty, wealthy and powerful you are.

I stopped playing like 3 years ago. 

27.06.2010, 01:33

Smelz
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods

I played for about 3 years. Stopped about 2 years ago.

After making so much Isk that I bought 2 years of playtime.  ( go go Market trading!!)

The I was in a small firm you might recognize as Suddenly Ninja's

It was the most rewarding 6 months of playtime I had.

Anyhow, I agree with the above points and wholeheartedly endorse it. Well 
SUPPORT Your Local PRODUCER

8.07.2010, 19:26

bucew
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Three years with Virtonomics

played eve

never "played" markets To you

i was more of a pew-pew guy 

9.07.2010, 04:53

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Haha after seeing you all describing it's already appealing to me. Guess I missed the fun.Not precisely 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Has anyone played Eve-Online?

• Page: