Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> The best

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 4.06.2010, 19:08

danlem
Four years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Alpha corp

i am a fairly new player with a small business. i was just wanting to know what i had to do if i want to aspire to be the best. or very nearly at least. how have you guys made it to the top? what did you sell? how long did it take?

i hope this can be something all new players can look at and get ideas, tips and aspirations from Well

• Page:
Message list:  

4.06.2010, 19:23

Last time edited : 4.06.2010, 19:29

Ralf
Three years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics Santa Claus boots MBA diploma
l:
KarstadtQuelle AG

Personally, I play for fun .......Yes Try yourself in agricultural production =) 

4.06.2010, 21:07

Santa Claus hat The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

It took me a month in real time so be patient! You will get there....eventually. 

5.06.2010, 18:03

Last time edited : 5.06.2010, 19:04

RockWhiter
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I have some ideas/questions that I would like to share:

- I guess you should aim at having all your production in countries with low salaries and low tax rate (Africa... le fric, c'est chic...)
Are you affected by population average level of education for production (for qualification of the workers)?

- Should you develop your original business (increase number of workers / machines) like in production or building other things? 

6.06.2010, 23:27

Last time edited : 6.06.2010, 23:30

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

RockWhiter
I have some ideas/questions that I would like to share:

- I guess you should aim at having all your production in countries with low salaries and low tax rate (Africa... le fric, c'est chic...)
Are you affected by population average level of education for production (for qualification of the workers)?

- Should you develop your original business (increase number of workers / machines) like in production or building other things?

Hi. Yes If you build a factory in a developing country, you will need to train the workers non-stop in case you want to upgrade to higher technology levels. Because if you don't train them, you will pay a lot more salaries for high qualification workers there than workers in educated area. That is why a lot of black belts (companies with assets >10b) choose to set up the manufacturing base in Turkey and UK, to pay less salaries to HQ workers.

I don't have big factories (for e.g. 2500 workers) as many black belts do, so I don't know how training costs scale for big factories. There must be a good reason they prefer Turkey/UK as a production base, but for my smaller factories I found it's much cheaper to pay for training than running them in a high tax high wage area.

The uncle's gifts are good to give you a head start. Once you are financially stable, you should investigate on the markets to determine how profitable your products are compared to others, and make your decision. Yes 

7.06.2010, 04:47.     Subject: hi

light76212001
Laboratory assistant’s overall

dont listen to them.   Stick with sales . 

7.06.2010, 19:56

RockWhiter
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

That is why a lot of black belts (companies with assets >10b) choose to set up the manufacturing base in Turkey and UK, to pay less salaries to HQ workers.
Ok

dont listen to them. Stick with sales.
Despite the difficulty of finding supply you still think that this is where there is the best opportunities? 

7.06.2010, 20:52

Last time edited : 8.06.2010, 00:15

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

dont listen to them. Stick with sales.

Despite the difficulty of finding supply you still think that this is where there is the best opportunities?

Its much easier to have a trading company - ie. buying finished goods and selling in your stores, but as you grow you will run out of goods eventually, and have to start to produce your own goods.

So as Light said, stick with sales, but if you have spare capacity then produce as much as you can. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> The best

• Page: