Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Goodbye Virtonomics, and Thank You!

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 3.06.2010, 06:41

coffeeaddict
Seven years with Virtonomics

Well, Virtonomics, it was a good run - but I think I've had enough. I'm quitting the game.

Not because I don't like it anymore, no, not at all - I really do like this game, still do. Ever since the little issue with pay to play the developers here have been doing a great job, and I've had a really good time. My company has grown exponentially in a short amount of time, and still is growing astronomically quickly, based entirely on production. I have learned a lot - so much, in fact, that I've started my own real-life business. I have been working around the clock handling business matters, reading books on finance and economics, and even learning a third language as means of personal improvement. I've stopped wasting time on video games and finally gained some initiative to do something useful. Althought I can't give all the credit to Virtonomics I can honestly say that it's helped me do what I needed to do.

That said - Virtonomics, although great fun, has become somewhat of a liability for me in that in my new projects demand my time and energy and I can't be wasting much time playing games anymore. I can't be micromanaging my fake offices when I have a real one to tend to. But I see this as a step up - maybe even the intent of the game. So, goodbye Virtonomics, hello, real economics. I hope someday I can be as successful as Contaminatronic Heavy Industries.

I've considered giving my account away, but I realize that I'd rather see other people have the experience of finding their own way from the bottom fairly like I did. I'll give away the one Virt I have to someone I think needs it, and I'll sell my sawmill at auction. After that, Contaminatronic's clocking out.
I'd like to specially thank the developers for building such an environment where this is possible, and the community for being so supportive of other players. You guys have been great.   

• Page:
Message list:  

3.06.2010, 07:05

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

Good luck and best wishes for the future! Well 

3.06.2010, 08:57

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Congratulations on your new business. I wish you success in all your endeavors. 

3.06.2010, 09:22

Santa Claus hat The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

May good luck be your friend in whatever you do. 

3.06.2010, 11:28

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

coffeeaddict  such a nice message Gift

all the best with your real business.  if you have a steady enough supply and production chain, your company should last for quite a while on autopilot.   who knows, it may still be here when your real business settles and you can spare an hour or so every now and then.

hope to see you back Yes 

3.06.2010, 13:03

JuleBCN

coffeeaddict
thank you for such a nice feedback and best of luck with your real business!Well 

4.06.2010, 02:16

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Hey man, I will miss you for sure. Whenever I was getting desperate for supplies, your expensive stock would always be there! Haha kidding. So-so

But you made a really great decision. Let the time you spent on this game be a fun page to remember. And I'm sure it will be quite a ride ahead for you. So congrats and wish you have a marvelous adventure.Gift 

4.06.2010, 05:09

RockWhiter
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

That's a nice message Well! Good luck for your business and in your life in general. 

4.06.2010, 06:54

Smelz
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods

Good luck with the Real World!

You will be missed!

Enjoy 

4.06.2010, 11:02

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

You'll be back, just you wait and see Yes

Well, good luck with your businesses in life, and if you have the right supply and stores, you can leave your company on autopilot for a long while, so when things start to calm down again, you can always rejoin us, on our yachts, rather than start from scratch ... again. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Goodbye Virtonomics, and Thank You!

• Page: