Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Tender #555.

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 31.01.2010, 06:22

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

i was registered for this tender BEFORE the announcement for the super league, etc.

the store existed for quite a while before the tender was released, and i prepared the store for the tender for days.

i managed to win with quite a bit of effort, only to find that i'm now classed as 'player of another league' and did not get the virts awarded.

i believe that it is not fair to have players who already registered and WON, then not get the prize.  the rule should apply to registration of tenders AFTER the announcement.

i did seek clarification with the main topic and did not get a response, so thought it would be okay and continued with my efforts with the store.

this is my 2nd ever win at the tenders, again with a store that i had in place for a long time.  please, admin, award the virts (for any others in the same situation).   

• Page:
Message list:  

31.01.2010, 08:12

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Disappointing to hear this. I thought for sure all registered tenders were under the old rules, before the introduction of leagues.
I guess I can expect a few disqualifications too.

The league rules are a great addition and we have already seen a few new winners because of them. I can't really understand it in this case though, it seems counter-productive to disqualify the players that these rules were supposed to help.

Fair enough if they can't register in the first place, no preparations will be made, no rerouting supplies or juggling qualifications need to be done.
The tenders that were registered for are a different story, especially after seeking clarification without a response and spending the time and money trying to win, only to find out you are disqualified after you win... 

31.01.2010, 12:31

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

yeah that's the rule...i wrote to admins about that and get this answer:

6. When a player is registering and checking if the tender is available, his/her current amount of unspent VIRTs is taken into account. When summarizing the results we take into account the amount of unspent VIRTs right before the calculation of tender rankings on a given realm, which means we do not consider the prize VIRTs of the current tenders of the realm. However, we do consider the prize VIRTs on other realms, where an upgrade ends earlier;
--
If Lien tenders calculated earlier, then your prof-status raise.
Sorry, this rule is dictated by technical necessity.

so we have to watch that if we know we might win, our sum of virts must be around 45 or 50...because if you win virts on lien also and you get 10 points there you have it 60, and when update on mary comes, yuo won't get any because...it's silly i know 

31.01.2010, 13:31

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics

beg to differ with you eVVe.  this is NOT a next time.

the rules turkbostjan refer to should be for tenders with registration AFTER the announcement for the change.

with THIS tender (and others in the same category), the registration and preparation was done BEFORE the announcement.  as i have stated, the question was raised and unanswered, though at the time of asking the question i actually thought it was a formality because new rules should always be enforced AFTER the announcement.

as Fractal said, the rules are to help MORE players become successful at the tenders.  if we can't register, fine - for the tenders SINCE the announcement.  this tender was registered (and of course available) before the tender.  with a 3 day tender, i would have to prepare for it as soon as i have decided to enter the tender. 

31.01.2010, 16:31

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

i also lost at least 8 points because of this interpretation of the rule...i think it should be taken in account number of virts in the moment you apply for tender, not when the tender expire 

31.01.2010, 19:56

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Seems you guys talk about 2 different things:

a) tender WIN not honored because the change of tender rules
I also didn't receive virts for a 3day tender which is restricted to another league, even though i made place 2 and would have got 3 virts only anyway .. i "sucked it up" rather than posting it. guess its a technical issue where the administration didn't want to add extra code to separate pre/post change functionality.

b) tender win not honored because current league on winning day is not the same as on the registration day
i think this can't be avoided with the way the leagues are defined for the tenders.

the tender rules somewhat make it clear that  the registration is only a first "hurdle" and if you're in the wrong league at the moment the tender is being calculated, you're out of luck. 

1.02.2010, 04:39

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

I have missed out on a few tenders myself because the rules were not clear.

The first 2-3 "best range of goods" tenders I entered I followed the written rules and subsequently lost.
Then I entered a couple more using equal quality goods because that was how the rules should have been interpreted. I also lost those tenders because the rules were changed to match what was written.

It was frustrating for me but I didn't post about it, I have won a few VIRTs so losing out on a couple that I should have won isn't that big of a deal. For others who have won 1 tender (or even none) to lose out because of a rule change midway through the tender is a bit harder to swallow.

I also think a major point here is that clarification was asked for but not given. If there had been a response to the question of eligibility before the end of the tender, all tender related actions would have ceased and the time and resources would have been put to better use in the running of her company.

I'm just looking forward to a time when everything is sorted out and we can all compete for tenders with a clear understanding of the rules. 

1.02.2010, 10:11

ccm_tsang

Mike1

guess its a technical issue where the administration didn't want to add extra code to separate pre/post change functionality.  

pre/post change functionality is what i am referring to.  for changes to be fair, the change itself should come into effect
1) with prior notice
2) only after the notice is given.

for tender 555, i registered and started work on that BEFORE the announcement (as some others have for their tenders)

when the announcement was made, i sought clarification but received none

and yes, i don't want to just let it go because i have entered many tenders and this is only my 2nd win.  i do not honestly believe i will win many more, at least until my quality of supplies improve significantly.  so, THIS win matters to me, as does the work i have put in for it.  if i lost, i WILL, and do, live with it.

this is not just a whine about not getting virts.  it is similar to LUC07's eventual VIRT credit.  the rules then were not clear that franchised items did not count, and LUC07's win was honoured.  the rule now in question is registration of the tenders before the tender change is supposed to take effect.  THAT is certainly not clear, nor do i think is fair to be interpreted this way.

it would be more fair for me and others in the same situation to have the win(s) honoured.  

as for the 2nd issue, i would have thought it is technically EASIER to just have the check on registration.  if player is in the correct league upon registration, player can play and win.    that will ALSO, in my books, be more fair because most of us do need to work for the tender(s).  to be able to register, do work on the tender, then to win and not get the virts because of another win is NOT fair - it is also not helpful for players who wish to spend some virts in between tenders.

the point of the virts and tenders, apart from revenue for the company, i thought was to raise player interests.  having the rules such that players will not 'dare' to spend the VIRTs in between tenders is not logical. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Tender #555.

• Page: