Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> SUGGESTION: Cooperative ownership of state enterprises

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 16.11.2009, 06:01

sawasawa

Admins,

Due to high prices its not very attractive to purchase state owned enterprises.
As a result essential basic resources like grain are scarce.
There are insufficient suppliers of HQ grain to ensure supplies for HQ livestock.
There needs to be multiple suppliers to spread the supply risk and to ensure competitive prices.

My suggestion is to reduce the barrier to purchasing state owned enterprises.
A stake in a state owned enterprise could be purchased for a token amount (in game points)
This would give the owner the right to operate the enterprise.
Conditions should apply to ensure the owner supplies the market instead of hoarding production for his own company.

For example the state would have the right to a quota of production which it could sell as it sees fit (possibly even for game points).

In this way supply sources can be increased to the market freeing up the economy.

• Page:
Message list:  

16.11.2009, 15:18

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

sawasawa
A stake in a state owned enterprise could be purchased for a token amount (in game points)
This would give the owner the right to operate the enterprise.

Something like a franchise agreement?
Instead of buying the enterprise outright include an option to purchase the rights to operate it for a year for a reduced number of points. I like this idea, I hope it gets serious consideration.

I could see this being a popular choice as the outright purchase costs are prohibitive for a lot of the state enterprises. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> SUGGESTION: Cooperative ownership of state enterprises

• Page: