Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Suggestion: Limit max. expenses for warehouses

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 31.08.2009, 00:13

Last time edited : 6.01.2010, 12:00

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Good day, admins.
Some days ago i created warehouse to store big volumes of meat, place the orders and wait for delivery.
But at next day i have not ability to check this warehouse and to change warehouse's size to required. (yeah,yeah,that was my mistake, but.. please read all text)
Today i can see next picture:

There are very (!!!) huge storage expenses. Of course, i understood, that expenses grows exponencially by percentage-usage of warehouse. But.. can you please do something like high limit for expenses per one warehouse, or maybe something like auto-adjustment size Well or maybe it is possible to write somewhere (forum, rules, etc...) estimated square in warehouse required by different type of production ???

---
Regards, Eugeny.

• Page:
Message list:  

31.08.2009, 10:43

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Mistakes are always expensive Pancake but tomorrow you can save a lot of money To wink

I think it similar when you put for example internet advertising 1 Million in your shop it will give you much less contacts than when you buy tv advertising for 1 Million .. game engine issue

Maybe you can tell us the difference after changing the WH size ? 

31.08.2009, 11:54

Last time edited : 31.08.2009, 13:02

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
l:
KKompany

Mike1, 1 million and 3 billions arent similar money. And if i was not moneybag, then what should happens in case with warehouse? Man should become bankrupt in this case?
After changing this warehouse earn only ~1.2 million 

31.08.2009, 12:25

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

I agree with you that there should be more information available in the game. For certain aspects of the game you don't know anything about it until after it is too late to change anything.

Knowing even rough estimates of what a warehouse can hold would be a great help, so would a market page that listed basic goods availability and price. 

1.09.2009, 19:18

support1
Four years with Virtonomics MBA diploma

Unfortunately, this is true: our help section still lacks a lot of important information.
The matter is, there are many announcements in our Russian forum, which haven't been translated into English yet, so they are not included into Help section.
We know about this problem and do our best to solve it. I hope in the nearest future we'll significantly improve our Help information. 

3.09.2009, 16:10

Jakeroberts_123

Have you guys gotten round to hiring a russian - english translator yet? I think that would help you guys a lot with developing the help pages to stop stuff like this. 

4.09.2009, 00:54

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

pectopatop
Mike1, 1 million and 3 billions arent similar money.

holy crap i didn't even see its billions .. thats painful!

Support1, why don't you just publish the links with google translate? it will be better than nothing and maybe someone is wiling to polish it? 

4.09.2009, 01:27

KiGGi
m:
KiGGi International

yea the reason why this game is not being so popular yet is the lack of help. many new players are discouraged after failing to learn how to play the game.  the players who do play often are the ones who have enough patience to see through or if they have played in the russian realms. 

23.04.2010, 15:34.     Subject: Another Warehouse bug.

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Also what needs to be fixed with warehouses is if your efficiency in the office drops, the warehouse costs SKYROCKET, even if it is empty. I had only 3 or 4 items in my warehouse and it cost me 1.5 MILLION dollars when my office efficiency went down. It instantly bankrupted me as I was new. This is rediculous beyond imagination for this to be in the game and needs to be adjusted. If the office manager is a total loser, it should not affect the warehouse expenses by any more than 10%. Just like it would not in real life. 

23.04.2010, 19:58

xenrolf

that and I do hope that it doesn't imply 'corruption' or anything like that if it's really affected greatly by efficiency. 

29.04.2010, 02:22

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

2. Warehouse Bug - rent skyrockets to 1.5 Million instead of $10,000 when office efficiency is low.

I also read this line in someone elses post and while I wouldn't call it a bug, but a design failure, there seems to be really something wrong with warehouses and I feel lucky not to use them.

1. Why should rent skyrocket when efficiency is low? Your landlord doesn't give anything on how efficiently you use your buildings and rent will always be the same.

2. What for do we have a storage capacity if you can have 35000% of storage space used lol. I think when it's at 100% you simply shouldn't be allowed to store any more, then such insane (yes that is INSANE) costs can't happen in the first place.

And pectopatop, no offence meant, but I don't want to come close to this huge mountain of rotting meat *jk* Very we! 

29.04.2010, 16:08

Last time edited : 29.04.2010, 16:09

pectopatop
l:
KKompany

When this thread have been started, current reform haven't been introduced (i mean reform with warehouses and with effeciences).
This thread is old.
And in case of current reform rent cost will be much more higher, maybe 10s or 100s of billions, i don't know exactly how much. 

29.04.2010, 16:38

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

So when I understand you correctly, this issue got even more drastically... I mean for 100s of billions I could even rent the white house To you Such rent is just astronomically impossible Very we! 

29.04.2010, 16:55

Last time edited : 29.04.2010, 16:57

pectopatop
l:
KKompany

If you want to view real summ (what summ exactly will be), then you may just make an experiment So-so Very we!

But, i mean that this thread is old, and nothing more. Because players writes about possible mistakes, which were impossible in the time, when this rent have been payed 

18.05.2010, 07:44

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

BWAHAHAHA funny chris, huge mountain of rotting meat, thats nasty. Eww pecto, thats gross bro. I think when you overfill expenses should rise. You should be able to overfill too. Any warehouse manager who isnt mentally handicapped would just call the nearest trucking company and have it shipped over to a storage facility. Two phone calls in the phone book. It would cost more and you would then have more room then 100%. This is real life here, so the game reflects reality in this instance. The 3 billion cost is yet another game flaw unfortunately. Costs should be a percentage of goods in the warehouse at IP like no more then 10% of IP. MAXIMUM of the overage. Your trying to tell me that your costs are going to be more then the goods stored???? You can have a 100 cubic meter truck ship that container FULL of goods to a storage facility in town including load and offload for only $10,000. The value of the goods in that truck would easily surpass $200,000-300,000 even for el cheapo goods like grocery items. THIS is real life, 5-10% extra expense OF WHAT IS OVER THE LIMIT, NOTHING MORE. and Nothing extra on what is in the warehouse. The game charges you like 5000%-5,000,000% of the actual cost of goods over the limit. Crazy, just insane. Major bug. This isnt even worthy enough to be called a severe game flaw, its a bug, nothing less, and it needs to be squashed with a foot stomp by the devs. ASAP. Pronto. Arriva Derchie. HUGE MUST. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Suggestion: Limit max. expenses for warehouses

• Page: