Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Suggestion: increase traffic

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 4.08.2009, 20:31

Last time edited : 6.01.2010, 12:32

Zale
Eight years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics
l:
Zale International
m:
Zale Limited

I play different web games and some of them have a voting list that if you vote for like 10 or 12 site for there game you get some money or something for there game, how a bout make that here  by voting you generate more traffic here and more players start coming here to see what this game is all a bout and this way we can have more players and you can do like 10 sites or so  every 24 hours and each site give you 1k in game money and you get  1 point or something to make players vote every 24 hours. this way more players more fun more money Well   

• Page:
Message list:  

4.08.2009, 22:57

Last time edited : 4.08.2009, 22:59

sergo
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Jewelry Loupe Miner Helmet
Jewelry Loupe Six years with Virtonomics
Fifteen years with Virtonomics Jewelry Loupe
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
Sergo Ltd.
n:
Mor S. Ltd.
m:
Venture Co.

Zale Thank you for advice. Please give me link of the example this one in a private message. 

13.08.2009, 18:38

Jakeroberts_123

I have also sent you 2 well known websites that you could sign  up to. 

18.08.2009, 20:18

Kalacia

A facebook app, or group may be a good way to get the game going.

But if you are going to go down the facebook route, it may be a good idea to have maybe a 12 hour or 6 hour sever reset. but have it on a daily basis rather than a weekly basis. As this would make people logon more, or feel as if they can see major progress in a company. 

19.08.2009, 00:31

Jakeroberts_123

Doing it on a daily basis would require too much time and effort, not only for the admins (who will have to recode and adapt a completely new game mechanism) but for players, if the server was reset every 12 hours i could not come on as i have things to do.

I think it's fine as it is. 

19.08.2009, 08:52

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Jakeroberts_123
I think it's fine as it is.

i second that 

19.08.2009, 09:48

KiGGi
m:
KiGGi International

i second that aswell 

19.08.2009, 12:34

Kalacia

i was more on about the time the game uses as a single tick, at the moment it is a week. maybe move down the real life time per tick but make the overall game week the same.

Or we could just put links up on gaming forums and see how many more players we get. 

19.08.2009, 13:52

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

The once a day update is actually a good thing for me. I like that I don't have to be online in the middle of the night to keep the company running. 

20.08.2009, 04:54

Jakeroberts_123

Kalacia
i was more on about the time the game uses as a single tick, at the moment it is a week. maybe move down the real life time per tick but make the overall game week the same.

That would require the admins to completely rethink how this game works (if i've understood correctly)
you want 1 rl day to be a day in the game. Are you telling me that my new 50 building meat farm i'm building is actually going to take 119 real life days to complete?

Just to actually add some more towards the actual topic.
If you do sign up to sites like TWG and Apex they all allow you to offer rewards for voting.
One very good idea is to do what i saw on another gaming site once.

Basically they gave out mana reloads (that could be a game point for us) that was randomly given out to people throughout the day. This meant that everybody voted in the hope that they would get it. So i would say that's a good idea and maybe have like  a scoring system where when you vote say 100 times (if you had 5 voting sites that would be 20 days) then you also are guarenteed a game point on top of the chance to win won (potentially) everyday. 

20.08.2009, 23:03

KiGGi
m:
KiGGi International

24h per update is great. at the beggining i thoguht 12 would be better, but now i see that 24 hours is the best. no changes should be made 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Suggestion: increase traffic

• Page: