Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Comments on new warehouse supply screen

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 4.06.2020, 16:28

mdmoyer
Small barrel Eleven years with Virtonomics V sign Ancient Asian symbol of peace Double corporate chevron Production: bachelor Haloween pumpkin Frankenstein Mask
Witch Mask World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Mayor Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Moyer Industries
n:
WindSail Enterprises
m:
Moyer Industries

So I find the new warehouse supply screen visually interesting. It will take a bit to get used to but I think I like it.

However, there are two features missing now that I feel were really important.

The estimated mix quality and cost when you had multiple sources for a product coming to the warehouse.
It shows you all the details about the individual vendors but not what the "average" aka estimated value of the mix quality and price which I found and am sure others found as well to be very important information to have.   

• Page:
Message list:  

4.06.2020, 18:25

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

- mix quality and cost issue: not only to have a quick look, but adjusting the mix is impractical
- purchase option "required" quantity is missing
- at restaurants, "required quantity" is 1 or two pieces only when 25k can be sold
- have to click TWICE each time to go to the old layout and even then (when saving something) it doesn't stick to the old one
- saving changed quantities at the old layout doesn't work

Overall verdict: The design attempts to serve both the desktop and the mobile environment with one look, which does not seem to be a good idea to me.  Just like the new tech sales layout, it reduces user-friendliness with a, though visually more appealing, more impractical design. Overlooking "everything" at a warehouse requires a mad zig-zag of visual focus. Better to introduce eyewear to the game soon or we'll be all squinting in a couple of months. 

5.06.2020, 06:46

Belgian chevron Jewelry Loupe Founder of Mbansa-Congo Ancient manuscript Moai statue Moai statue Moai statue Moai statue
Dinosaur skeleton Cracked amphora Cracked amphora Cracked amphora Fossil Skull Old coin Old coin
Beauty set Perfume Coral Killer Whale Shark Octopus Octopus Turtle
Starfish Dentist Triple corporate chevron Three years with Virtonomics

The new interface is disgusting 

5.06.2020, 07:26.     Subject: Choice between "old" and "new" interface

fwclassroom208._1
Лидер розничной торговли Сенегала Belgium Retail Leader Power Plants Leader Iceland retail leader Production: bachelor Leader of the retail trade of Sri Lanka King of the gas station The tender collider, IV-VI places
World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Malaysia retail leader Brunei retail leader Washer Netherlands retail leader Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Fitness Tycoon Norway retail leader
Lithuania retail leader Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics Kazakhstan retail leader
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Storming Wall Street

This may be looking a little too far ahead since is seems like the "Supply" screen is just getting rolled out, but I feel that an "Options" page should be added to the Account Settings tab allowing players to choose a default for which format should be used when a page opens.

Example:

Office:   X Old    _  New

Store:       _  Old      X New

Services   X Old     _  New

etc... 

5.06.2020, 10:18

simpathia
Nine years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Nine years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Simpathia Ltd.

I think the new supply interface is terrible. The trainee who made it gets an 'F', because it takes me a lot longer to get things done.

This is wrong with it:
- the supply page no longer offers a table-like overview of all products. I can no longer quickly scan through all products to see where action is required.
- it takes additional mouse clicks to change order amounts, because doing it from the supply page no longer works. 

5.06.2020, 12:07

simpathia
Nine years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Nine years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Simpathia Ltd.

SchmatkoA
The new interface is disgusting

I can't disagree...

I'm done listing the bugs I found, for today at least.
The design of the new supply page is subpar and it introduces bugs.
A roll-back would greatly improve the gameplay experience 

5.06.2020, 13:14

kw2585
Twelve years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Taniocha&Tandeta

I appreciate game dev's efforts to make the game better, to improve and refresh its looks. I really do. However, I cannot help but notice that the new interfaces are a big step back rather than forward. Putting aside the fact that the new supply page currently has a lot of issues with it's correct functionality, the layout itself is illegible and overcomplicated. Same applies also to other new interfaces like store or factory pages - all information mixed up instead of being neatly arranged one after another, too many flashy and colourful items.

If I may suggest, the column setup with functional buttons on the side was much easier to work with. Also, I much more liked the efficiency % bars instead of flashing green/red dots. Please, put less colours and more gray to highlight headers and important information. Simplicity and clarity should be your main goal with interfaces.

I would also appreciate if we could easily switch back to old interface for the time being, I really don't want to be forced to work on the new ones. Thank you 

5.06.2020, 13:38

Last time edited : 5.06.2020, 13:40

kevinc88
Five years with Virtonomics
Egypt retail leader Waffle iron Old coin Perfume Dentist Leaning Tower Venetian gondola Italian red
Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Kindergarten's Leader Angola retail leader Triple corporate chevron Leader of the retail trade of Sri Lanka King of the gas station
The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Shagreen, the winner Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
USA retail leader Cuba retail leader Vietnam retail leader Venesuella best retail Six years with Virtonomics Restaurateur Medicaster Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Uzbekistan retail leader Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Belarus retail leader Kazakhstan retail leader France retail leader World's retail leader
Five years with Virtonomics
n:
Orient Pearl Limited

I also notice some issues:
- "Supply limit" is not shown in the new interface.
- I cannot change the demand to "0" (pause the order temporarily without canceling it) anymore in the new interface. When I input "0" and save, it fails to save. I reload the page and I can see that the number remains as my previous order. Even though I switch to the old interface, the problem still exists because the system returns to the new interface when I save the input. 

6.06.2020, 10:14

vanderspam
Triple corporate chevron Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics

It is pretty nice and good looking, though it is kinda broken.

On Chrome for Windows it does not allow me to change the quantity of goods orderd and I cannot cancel the order. I have to do it through Chrome for Android or Edge Chromium. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Comments on new warehouse supply screen

• Page: