Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Bug - expensive upgrade

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 29.03.2016, 20:25

Last time edited : 29.03.2016, 20:26

Melchior2008
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Kuwait retail leader
m:
RoMa Inc.

The apiary upgrade seems very expensive for some levels : 10 times the normal price for the last 2 levels. There must be a bug there. I don't know if it's just a display bug, too expensive to check it myself ;)

• Page:
Message list:  

31.03.2016, 20:11

Melchior2008
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Kuwait retail leader
m:
RoMa Inc.

Does anybody know what's up with this ? 

2.04.2016, 10:41

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

The lifetime cost for one of mine at its max size is $62 208 000.00, so yes, it's the "real" cost right now. But I guess it is some kind of input error for defining the prices. It makes little sense that the price makes an ~x10 cost increase in middle level for no reason. 

2.04.2016, 20:17

Last time edited : 2.04.2016, 20:17

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

This is not a bug. It is meant to be this way (last 2 sizes for apiaries are more expensive) 

2.04.2016, 21:20

Melchior2008
m:
RoMa Inc.

jeka_igla
This is not a bug. It is meant to be this way (last 2 sizes for apiaries are more expensive)

Then people will have 5 level 3 apiaries instead of 1 level 5. 

3.04.2016, 00:34

Last time edited : 3.04.2016, 00:37

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

I don't think that 60 mil is a lot of money for most of players in this game. Also, 3rd size allows to activate business boosters for game money (+15% to Q is a lot).

Actually i think that construction cost for all units should be much higher than now. It should be expensive to build subdivisions, much, much more expensive than it is now. Especially - factories. This way Vironomics will be more like econ simulation and real life when you should always consider construction cost. Currently when i am building one a factory i don't care how much it costs because it is super low compared with how much i'll make from it.

Administration adjusting construction cost for recently added subdivisions (apiaries, power plants) but developers here have a weird rule: "don't touch old stuff". So they don't want to change old specializations (which nobody use), rebalance production output, or change construction prices (9 years ago those prices were worth to consider, now inflation made it super cheap and people making much more money).

Hopefully we'll get construction as a separate industry here but this not going to be soon (this year is planned and there is no construction industry Not so but there is transportation... luckily we'll have it at the end of the year). With construction industry controlled by players all prices for buildings should go up by a lot. 

3.04.2016, 09:02

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

(off topic: I agree that construction cost in general is low, but it allows for higher equipment prices. I actually do have to do the math before building a new factory: the equipment alone will cost me at least 500M. That's a lot of shoes you have to sell to make that back :-)) 

3.04.2016, 13:42

Melchior2008
m:
RoMa Inc.

If construction costs would be controled by the players, I hope it wouldn't be linked to paid resources, otherwise the game might take a hit. Same for transportation. 

3.04.2016, 16:21

Last time edited : 3.04.2016, 16:24

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

If construction costs would be controled by the players, I hope it wouldn't be linked to paid resources, otherwise the game might take a hit. Same for transportation.
I think it should be linked to local salary, taxes and construction tariffs set up by mayors.

JustNash - you'r right. Equipment always worth to consider because its price is not fixed. Sometimes i am spending 1 billion on equipment for a single subdivision (restaurant/lab) but i actually think that this is ok and this is the way it supposed to be. If i am making 100 mil per day with this restaurant it'll take me just 10 days days to pay off.

Also i look at the assets and see that equipment worth quite a lot and it has realistic value but construction is close to nothing.

Similar case with energy. In most places energy cost for production is close to nothing but recently i built 1 factory in Germany (Vera) and found out that E cost is 100 mil per day. I actually liked it a lot, now you can open power plants in Germany and make good money. The governor there raised tariffs for 1-2 years so now energy worth to consider. This makes solar panels worth to install and i think this is good. It makes game alive. Something similar would happen to construction cost in some regions after control will be given to players.

I am all for it - alive realistic game economy with dynamic prices and costs. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Bug - expensive upgrade

• Page: