Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Change volume Production

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 20.03.2016, 12:54

Zwingle
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"

Dear all,
I Would like to know if it's possible to change/update production volume in the game?
Main reason of this query is that for some products the capital used to produce one product is too high. The consequence are low output and high price with not so Good quality.
In my case i Would be very happy if microprocessors factories production volume could be increased. I'm not playing for long enough to know if there are other production volume to update, but Would like to know before if it feasible.
Udp

Zwingle   

• Page:
Message list:  

12.04.2016, 11:48

XiozZe
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Oxellic

Results

Top Manager Stats
Production qualification: 34
Bonus production qualification: 3
Maximum Growth: 13.4%
No points bought penalty: 15.76% (three levels)
Maximum theoretical growth: 11.6%
Target Top 3 value (without bonuses): 125 800
Maximum Top 3 value (with bonuses): 148 000

Original settings
Top 3 value: 147 500
The salary of all subdivisions are set with "Required salary".
All goods produced have a quality lower than realm average.

Top manager production qualification growth: 0.9%

Test case 1
Top 3 value: 126 500
The salary of all subdivisions are set with "Target salary".
No goods in the supply section of any factory: no products produced.

Top manager production qualification growth: 0%

Test case 2
Added one extra mill: this mill had grain in stock, so was producing flour.

Flour quality: 2.46
Realm quality: 7.26

Top manager production qualification growth: 1.1%

Test case 3
Added one clothing factory: producing clothes on the 150% leather specialty using high quality leather.

Clothes quality: 89.81
Realm quality: 42.54

Top manager production qualification growth: 11.6%

Conclusion

Having all your factories set to "Target salary", having enough employees to fill the Top 3, and producing all goods above realm quality, you are able to achieve maximum production growth.
The reduction because of producing goods under realm average is enormous.
It is possible to fill the Top 3 with subdivisions that do not produce any goods, as long as they are not on holiday.
Any additional employees above the Target Top1 or Top3 value does not increase growth. 

12.04.2016, 13:52

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Thank you so much for taking the time to figure this out and even more, thanks for sharing your findings! 

18.04.2016, 03:15

Last time edited : 27.04.2016, 17:59

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

XiozZe

Maximum Growth: 13.4%
No points bought penalty: 15.76% (three levels)
Maximum theoretical growth: 11.6%

Having all your factories set to "Target salary", having enough employees to fill the Top 3, and producing all goods above realm quality, you are able to achieve maximum production growth.

You can ignore top 1 and set all your factories to required salary and still achieve maximum production growth because the no points bought penalty only applies to the maximum growth. Using your numbers listed above if not maximizing top 1 lowers growth from 13.4% to 12% your growth will be 11.6% either way.

The reduction because of producing goods under realm average is enormous.

I figured the below average quality penalty had to be large because despite the no points growth penalty only applying to maximum growth I still saw a reduction in growth with only one product produced with below average realm quality.

It is possible to fill the Top 3 with subdivisions that do not produce any goods, as long as they are not on holiday.

Odd that 1 factory producing above average quality and every other factory producing nothing will get maximum growth while having 100 factories producing above average quality and just 1 producing below average will be penalized with less growth. Thanks for confirming that's how it works. One takeaway is if you're using a factory to research a tech in industrial phase it is better to have it produce nothing than produce a below average quality product.

One thing I found is that you can still produce goods with below average realm quality without getting penalized as long as your average quality for that product is above the realm average. For example, if realm quality for instruments is 30 you produce Q28 in one factory and Q36 in another without being penalized if your average quality (listed on the Industry report) exceeds the realm average. I actually had my mining qualification growth drop to ZERO after I bought a mine that produced below average quality bauxite but was able to get it to grow again after I bought another bauxite mine to get the average growth of both above the realm average. 

18.04.2016, 10:46

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

Jayman

One thing I found is that you can still produce goods with below average realm quality without getting penalized as long as your average quality for that product is above the realm average. For example, if realm quality for instruments is 30 you produce Q28 in one factory and Q36 in another without being penalized if your average quality (listed on the Industry report) exceeds the realm average. I actually had my mining qualification growth drop to ZERO after I bought a mine that produced below average quality bauxite but was able to get it to grow again after I bought another bauxite mine to get the average growth of both above the realm average.

thanks for confirming this! I've been wondering about it for some time and find myself in this situation for a number of products. 

27.04.2016, 18:03

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

JustNash
Jayman

thanks for confirming this! I've been wondering about it for some time and find myself in this situation for a number of products.

What I wrote seemed to be the case based on my observation but since I got +5 for confirming something I didn't intend to confirm I decided to do an experiment to see if that was the case and it appears my observation was incorrect assuming it works the same way for animal farms. I posted the initial results in the main forum. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Change volume Production

• Page: