Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Game Points

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Voting:  

Should we be able to buy game points using virtual money?

Voting duration:

Start: 28.06.2010, 14:00

End date: Not specified

Voting continues
- Yes

- No

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic created : 28.06.2010, 14:00

danlem
Four years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Alpha corp

we can buy virtual money for game points. we can use real money to buy game points. now why cant we use virtual money to buy game points?

there is so little of some porducts on the market just because game points arent available to smaller companies. only the elite few can obtain them in large enough quantities.

it could be made so that we pay 100,000,000 for a point but its still better than nothing   

• Page:
Message list:  

28.06.2010, 14:45

sammotea
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Though I agree the lack of possibility to buy points with Virtocash can and is very frustrating, I'd suggest that Virtonomics has been designed without such a device for a couple of very good reasons;

1) There are currently only two ways that I can think of to become one of the "elite" that you mentioned: a) spend lots of time playing or b) spend real money. Both of these is beneficial both for the game itself (by increasing competition, upping technologies etc, people continue playing to get just... one... more... level) and for the game creators (money = .... money)

2) Such a system wouldn't help beginners, but conversely increase the gap between the elites and the non-elites; those who are in the top 20 or so already have huge amounts of spare money that they can't invest anywhere because, usually, they lack the qualification. By offering the possibility to buy points they would be able to overcome this problem and thus become even more thoroughly elite.

3) If people could build as many enterprises as possible then there would be no need to be wise about what you build. The qualification trap (which can only be battled through the two methods found in '1)') acts as a control on thoughtless building; a result of this may actually be higher quality goods, as if you can only support 2500 workers it's better to have them producing level 7 goods rather than level 1.

So from me, I'm against. However I feel your pain Very we! 

28.06.2010, 14:46

sammotea
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

A propos: Awesome, turns out I'm now one of the elite Very we! That's new. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Game Points

• Page: