Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Tutorial

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 22.06.2010, 21:22

VladTechs
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

I I suppose the game may use some tutorial. It should touch virtually every aspect of the game - so the player won't need to wonder around in forums or ask other players all those nooby questions. I suggest we make some scenarios which will explain differents aspects of the game and give a little bonus for completing them. For example half mil or a new chair for the office.  We should provide environment everybody will succeed to some level - the more people in this game, the more challenging it will be.

P.S. U may pm me your suggestions for those scenarios too to make it more organized - I'll concentrate them and publish in the Tutorial topic for everybody's discussion - after it admins may take what the players choose the most needed things to be included in and make Tutorial from it.   

• Page:
Message list:  

23.06.2010, 01:21

Last time edited : 23.06.2010, 01:21

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

If the developers feel they would give too much away to new players by introducing a walk-through tutorial, fear not!

Take for example, the real-time interactive tutorial in Capitalism 2. It doesn't tell you everything or anything at all, it just walks you through some basic operations to get you acquainted with the game. This style of tutorial can greatly reduce the overwhelmed feeling of new players while keeping them unspoilt/hooked.

It's always great to see new players hooked by this fantastic game and always sad to see they are repelled away by its unfriendly approach instead of the quality itself. I would gladly vote for usage improvement/implementing initial walk-through for new players, over other enhancement for older players. New blood is always important.HeartYesWell 

24.06.2010, 14:37

swift_c
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
m:
swift_c

turkbostjan made a bunch of videos that should be good for newbies

http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/100168/view ...

there is also the help feature now which explains things quite well, esp compared to when i first joined the game 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Tutorial

• Page: