Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Suggestion: Stop Fake Ordering

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 17.06.2010, 11:47

kontinyu
Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics

Hi,
I'm playing this game for 9 months and i like it.
But lately some noobs making fake orders and cancel their order like 1 min. before the update...
So this noobs destroys market balance and just try to sell their products from higher price.
We need to stop it!
My first idea is putting some rules for making contracts, like;
1-If you make a contract and when the products price is stable, if you cancel your contract you will pay %x of the contract bill.
If we put some rule like this, they can't fake order...
OR
2-Black list,
We have 3 options for selling
Only to my company
To any one
Only selected companies..
I suggest 4th;
Except these companies..
So we can blacklist fake orderers...

We can find new solutions for this Fake Order problem.. All can discuss in this topic...
But i think We Must find a way to stop Fake Ordering....   

• Page:
Message list:  

17.06.2010, 15:42

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

your suggestion for exclusion list already discussed

http://virtonomics.com/lien/forum/forum_new/16/topic/101043/view ...

suggest you report rogue player(s) to admin.

that said, how can you tell if the player ordered, then cancel a few minutes before the update?
if you were looking at the time, perhaps you can make some screen shots as 'prove' for admin to chase up? 

17.06.2010, 19:59

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I dont really understand what is your problem.

Do you order supplies from somebody, and this supplier cancels your order?

If so, what is the problem, its a free market, everybody sell to those who wants to, and besides if you choose that after a given price increase your order get canceled - default 10% - and your supplier increase price, then after the update your order get cancelled, the way that you DONT buy the goods at the new higher price.
Works as intended.
Maybe choose neven cancel next time, but then keep in mind, that even if your supplier increase the price 100 or 1000 times, you will pay that price without notification.

Or do you try to sell something and your buyer cancel his buyorder in the very last minute?
If you sell at the good price/Q ratio people will scoop up your supplies in no time. I am sure there are a lot of people out there, who only initiate contracts and never cancel, except only price increase, because stable supply is scarce and valuable.

regards 

18.06.2010, 00:38

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I take it as a buyer is purchasing all the stock from a factory, so there is none available on the supply screen for other players, and just before the update, cancel the order, so it ends up with no one purchasing the goods, which is a money sink.

For the TC, I suggest if they are retail goods, to sell your own goods, or if they are intermediate products, use them in production. 

18.06.2010, 10:21

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

warfreak
I take it as a buyer is purchasing all the stock from a factory, so there is none available on the supply screen for other players, and just before the update, cancel the order, so it ends up with no one purchasing the goods, which is a money sink.

that's my reading of kontinyu's problem

warfreak
For the TC, I suggest if they are retail goods, to sell your own goods, or if they are intermediate products, use them in production.

what is TC?

re sellling own goods/use in production - guy is purple, so may not have enough demand as yet to use /sell all goods, which may be why it's a problem for kontinyu 

18.06.2010, 11:55

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

TC is topic creator. I don't think there is anything we can do unless you name and shame him, that or report to admins. 

18.06.2010, 23:42

kontinyu
Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics

thank you all for the answers,
i want to clear that the my problem is the;

warfreak
one...

And
i don't have enough stores/demand for selling, also we want to make some profit from exchange of goods from warehouses but those guys really annoying. I read the other subject which suggests exclusion list. I'm already opening topics about him, and sending messages to players. But i think there must be permenant solution and i'm supporting Exclusion List idea... 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Suggestion: Stop Fake Ordering

• Page: