Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Improvements of contract system

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Voting:  

Good ideas?

Voting duration:

Start: 17.06.2010, 00:58

End date: Not specified

Voting continues
- Yes

- No

- Problem 1 is the most annaoying

- Problem 2 is the most annaoying

- Problem 3 is the most annaoying

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic created : 17.06.2010, 00:58

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

There urgently needs to be major improvement in the contract system as there are way too many things being way too complicated. Some of these things are:

Problem 1: Too many people ignore order limits written in a subdivisions name like "Small Order Prio. - Max 500k Bread - Max 50k Others - Larger Orders Cancelled". I still see orders for 1+ million units which I have to manually cancel each and when I forget or can't be online short until before the update the orders will go through.

Solution 1: Allow to specify a maximum size for 1 single order and/or orders from one single company.

Problem 2: You can either allow anyone to buy or only allow specific people to buy which requires a huge amount of management.

Solution 2: There would be several solutions to this problem. Instead of the complicated management of adding single companies to the allowed list, allow orders to be moderated, i.e. anyone can send in an order but you have to approve it before it is actually supplied. This would also kinda solve the first issue, as I would be able to simply not approve orders which are too large. Another solution to this problem would be exclusion instead of inclusion lists. The people who follow order rules you setup are larger than those who don't, so explicitly excluding people from ordering violating your personal order preferences would be easier than managing an allowed list.

Problem 3: Sorting of orders is more or less useless, because it is not manageable from a certain amount of contracts anymore.

Solution 3: Add basic sorting functionality. Auto sort orders from largest to smallest per single order, smallest to largest per single order, largest to smallest per overall company orders, smallest to largest per overall company orders.

These are only 3 main problems with the current contract system which should be appointed in one of the next updates. I think the game would see a whole new cooperation dynamics if the contract system was improved. Many people (including me) just don't sell publicly right now, because managing public sales is more or less impossible. You can't enforce rules but without contract rules you are prone to ingorant people who just don't care about what you say who may sign a contract with you under which conditions.    

• Page:
Message list:  

17.06.2010, 06:04

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

ChrisBerlin82

Solution 1: Allow to specify a maximum size for 1 single order and/or orders from one single company.

Solution 2: There would be several solutions to this problem. Instead of the complicated management of adding single companies to the allowed list, allow orders to be moderated, i.e. anyone can send in an order but you have to approve it before it is actually supplied. This would also kinda solve the first issue, as I would be able to simply not approve orders which are too large. Another solution to this problem would be exclusion instead of inclusion lists. The people who follow order rules you setup are larger than those who don't, so explicitly excluding people from ordering violating your personal order preferences would be easier than managing an allowed list.

agree solution 1 would be a good enhancement request

re solution 2: approving each contract would be too much daily work and baby sitting, but allowing both inclusion list ("Only to certain companies") and exclusion list ("Exclude certain companies") would be great, and perhaps not as complicated to code? 

17.06.2010, 12:06

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

I'd rather not have to approve every single supply order, but I would love more control over contracts from the supply side. Eg. A volume limit on orders. Something like this would almost negate the need for an exclusion list too. 

17.06.2010, 15:38

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics

i vote for exclusion list because there's been a few postings about un-friendly orders lately which appears to be adversing affecting some players' business.  

"fake ordering" seems to have taken on in the recent days. quite disturbing.

if it's the same player, admin can maybe do something like warn them to stop.  if it's different players, unfortunately only the exclusion list will help after the fact. 

17.06.2010, 20:23

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Chris, you raise valid issues, but keep in mind that the problems with the contracts is mainly a byproduct of a game balance issue - namely my favorite one, the under production/ over retail problem - and if that issue would be solved, then most of the problems with the contracts would be solved as well.

Because if there would be enough supply for everybody, or even oversupply, then people wouldnt bother limiting how much, or in which order other players can buy from them, because it would be hard to sell supplies anyway, so no point limiting your few potential buyers.

If the balance issue is solved

Problem 1, then not much point, not really need for it.

Problem 2, hand approval is big no, because if you are very big supplier company, than you can easily have 1000+ or even more orders, and it would be huge timesink. This game already has a little bit too much micromanagement IMO.
Exclusion list. In a competitive space you want to get buyers - because they are hard to get -, not restrict them, so could be, but not much point.

Problem 3, order sorting is awful, but again, if you are in competitive space, you couldnt care less about order priorties, when you can hardly sell what you have.

Just for the record, I know that the contract system is not that good, and it could be improved considerably, but its rather the effect, and not the cause of the problems, and I think its always better to solve the cause - in this case, the imbalance. 

19.06.2010, 21:49

Last time edited : 20.06.2010, 17:05

atominlove
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I have problem of fake orders and I noticed others have too. I vote for black list (exclusion list ) available. Also maybe a window with all your orders would be nice, so you would not need go to every subdivision and check the orders separately.

P.S. Rapsag Inc GP-Mark Logistics is making fake orders 

21.06.2010, 02:47

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I don't see a window with ALL orders possible. I have single subdivisions with 100+ orders, when I multiply the average with the few hundread subdivisions I have I had 1000s of orders on a page. Doesn't make much sense imo Well 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Improvements of contract system

• Page: