Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Flexible Organisation

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 16.06.2010, 18:50

sammotea
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I'd like to make a suggestion concerning the interface.

I am finding that as my business grows it can become very difficult to stay on top of checking up on the required enterprises. I would like to enquire about the possibility of making it possible for the player to organise his enterprises according to his own taste.

I envisage this being done in two ways, one I would guess to be a lot more difficult than the other to implement:

1) complete flexibility, whereby we can create our own categories for checking up in addition to those already used.

Eg. whereas now we have tabs for Warehouses, Labs, Factories etc, I suggest the addition of an "Add tab" option, so that we could create ones such as "Check Daily" and "Tender Stores" etc.

This would possibly entail a limit to the number of personal tabs possible, depending on what the Admin feel besteasiest for them.

2) The ability to reorganise within tabs.

Eg. To change the placement of enterprises within a tab beyond what is available at the moment (by opening date, size, region, name  etc) but by our own personal choice, so that we can place the enterprises most important to us at the top and so forth. Possibly this could be done by allowing personalisation in a separate organisational field done by a simple numbering system.

Any feedback would be much appreciated,

Thanks for your time,

Sammotea   

• Page:
Message list:  

16.06.2010, 21:58

sammotea
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Or, for part 2's implementation, a system that based on the same principles as the "change supply order" system. 

17.06.2010, 12:10

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

sammotea
2) The ability to reorganise within tabs.

Eg. To change the placement of enterprises within a tab beyond what is available at the moment (by opening date, size, region, name  etc) but by our own personal choice, so that we can place the enterprises most important to us at the top and so forth. Possibly this could be done by allowing personalisation in a separate organisational field done by a simple numbering system.

There is kind of a way to do this already, use prefixes for your subdivisions.
Using a combination number and letter system can be quite effective. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Flexible Organisation

• Page: