Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Point market?

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Voting:  

Do you want a point market?

Voting duration:

Start: 8.06.2010, 04:46

End date: 15.06.2010, 04:46

Voting is finished
Yes

No

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic created : 8.06.2010, 04:46

leto1978
Five years with Virtonomics

Right now, it's possible to use your points to get 5 millions.

We also have some markets. For exemple, on Mary, we have one for Mine / Agricultural / Sawmill /etc.

I've wonder if a points market would be welcome.

There could be a minimum bid of 5 Millions and then other companies could bid to 'buy' the point.

I'm quite sure that some player would use a lot of their money (from the game, not the real one) to buy points.

Also, it could become a way for smaller companies to get some uge extra cash fast.   

• Page:
Message list:  

8.06.2010, 08:29

Last time edited : 8.06.2010, 08:33

Santa Claus hat The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

From the player's perspective, this is a major win. However, from the developer point of view, this is bad business. There are limited sources of cash/income inflow: online advertising, licensing royalty and purchase of game points by players. Hence, having players bidding for game point using their Virts cash would discourages players from purchasing game point using their real money.

I love this game too much to endorse your ideas. The survival of the free realm is essential for the success of Virtonomics. Diminished inflow of income could forces the owner to charge a fee to play the game. 

8.06.2010, 17:54

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Everyone overlooks the indirect way of selling points - State Enterprise Auctions.

HINT: Use your points to buy a farm, sawmill, mine, plantation.
Auction your new farm, sawmill, mine, plantation.
Rejoice in the truckloads of game cash you now have.

If you look at the point cost VS selling price of some enterprises you can achieve higher comparative exchange rates than 4 billion per point (higher than most players sell VIRTs for...). So-so 

9.06.2010, 04:49.     Subject: Here's some explanation

leto1978

First of all, I agree with Kh0i and Fractal.

I'll explain from where I get this idea and why it is working at that place and why it would be harder to make it work in Virtonomics.

My experience
I once played a rpg where you could buy points. Points in that game were a good way to get rich, get easilly items for your caracters. In fact, points were very attractive! This was the way to become big, quickly.

Here's why it is tricky for virtonomics:
In that rpg game, we were directly in competition with the other players. So points were very attractive to become big and also to survive.

In virtonomics, it's not that hard to make money. All you need is time. Also, we are not really in competition with other players. Yes, we have our rankings, but that's all.

What I am trying to say here, to make the point market work, WE need to find a way to make buying points attractive for some user to sell them to other users.

Anyway, I believe you got the idea... 

9.06.2010, 04:53.     Subject: One more thing

leto1978

I just wanted to add this: Right now, the State Enterprise Market is only good for the bigs companies that are doing tons of cash.

The idea for a point market, we need to find something with it that would make things to help smaller companies to become bigger quickly. 

9.06.2010, 16:37

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

I'm not sure I understand your last post leto1978.

Currently points (sold as VIRTs) are being sold for ~1 billion each.
If a new player purchased a state enterprise with their points instead it could be sold with a comparative price of up to 3-4 billion+ per point sold.

eg. an agri farm purchased for 7 points will generally fetch over 20 billion at auction. The numbers change depending on type/size of enterprise but most, if not all, will be above the 1 billion per point exchange rate.

The downside of doing this is that single point transactions are not possible, and there is a very small possibility of a lower sale price. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Point market?

• Page: