Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Some ideas for mentor system. Welcome to contribute yours

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 29.05.2010, 07:03

Last time edited : 29.05.2010, 07:05

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Hi. I've been thinking, there could be a way to establish a mentor-apprentice relationship between a big company and a new company, from which each party can benefit.

New companies often face the problem of limited of production/commerce/management qualification and shortage of supply. I don't know what are the difficulty big companies are facing - being bored with all the cash? Hehe.

Anyway, here's some ideas. Welcome to add yours:

-The apprentice gets bonus points in qualification (e.g. equal to 5% of the mentor's own qualification), in return the mentor gets bonus growth (e.g.  10% of the apprentice's own growth).

-The mentor can also provide loans with interests, capped at certain amount (e.g. 10% of the apprentice's assets).

-They can sign special goods-for-goods contracts with each other.

These are off the top of my head. Obviously there are more ways to implement this. Wouldn't this be more interesting and dynamic? Well

• Page:
Message list:  

29.05.2010, 09:54

Last time edited : 29.05.2010, 09:59

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Big companies problems:
- not enough qualification to produce all the goods we could sell in the store
- not enough supplies
- the larger the company, the more time,  concentration and planning is needed to keep things going

Mentor system is a nice idea, i'd be joining it, though
- i already did and would again provide loans with interest
- i 'm always up for good-for-goods contracts if conditions are right
- i have a mining partnership where another company sent me virts and i'm supplying resources at cost to that player
  (my benefit is slightly larger resource volume as more virts buy more resources, and a better usage of qualification) 

29.05.2010, 12:06

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics

good idea, Ixnad

there's been volunatary attempts to help smaller/newer companies for a while, like VL's, Light and ChrisB's relief funds for Mary.

players have been giving free advice to others for a long time in the forum.

i've been helped /mentored via pm's by the big players:
VL and Mike being two,
others have helped with steady and great quality supplies like Argo and Mr Edge
<good time to thank you guys publicly Gift Heart >

i've sent a few pms to players with suggestions for their companies.

having some formal incentive from admin to mentor/help new players would be a great idea, and as Ixnad suggested, qualification growth would be a good choice of reward since most older players seem to be limited by qualification restrictions.

hope admin would consider this.  should help more new players stay in the game, and maybe give a new point of interest for the older players 

31.05.2010, 07:16

Last time edited : 31.05.2010, 07:17

Ixnad

Mike1
Big companies problems:
- not enough qualification to produce all the goods we could sell in the store
- not enough supplies
- the larger the company, the more time,  concentration and planning is needed to keep things going

Seems like the same bottlenecks newbies would be facing. In addition to bonus qualification/growth for both parties, there could also be a way for them to bump up the production volume. If both companies have the same factory, production volume for both would increase by 5%, perhaps something like this?

Haha good deal you have.

About the time consuming thing, I think there should be a way to gradually relieve players of big companies from micromanagement. For example, at X qualification level, you can hire a "manager" that will hire/fire workers and adjust salaries in Y number of subdivisions automatically for you. Then at X + 10, you can hire a more powerful manager who can do more things for you, etc. Of course this is not to make it easy mode though, just eliminate some repetitive tasks the player has to do.

If I were to think of a way to address this with the proposed mentor system, I would probably give the apprentice the option to have an internship in one or several of the mentor's subdivisions. The apprentice would gain cash or other rewards while micromanage subdivisions for the mentor. Some sort of delegation system where the mentor can delegate tasks to the apprentice.

ccm_tsang
good idea, Ixnad

there's been volunatary attempts to help smaller/newer companies for a while, like VL's, Light and ChrisB's relief funds for Mary.

Yea I enjoyed all these programs a great deal. I hope someday I can start my own.
Any incentive to promote more corporation would be great. That's the thoughts behind the idea. 

31.05.2010, 14:33

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics

Ixnad

For example, at X qualification level, you can hire a "manager" that will hire/fire workers and adjust salaries in Y number of subdivisions automatically for you.

HR manager already available as innovation 

31.05.2010, 20:01

Ixnad

ccm_tsang
Ixnad

For example, at X qualification level, you can hire a "manager" that will hire/fire workers and adjust salaries in Y number of subdivisions automatically for you.

HR manager already available as innovation

Yes I know that. That doesn't invalidate what I suggested though. I offered it as an innate features in mind, rather than an add-on feature, since it would require some significant game design philosophy changes to accommodate it.

And for the record all above suggestions were made with implementing them as innate features in mind too. Although I have some ideas for increasing the number of paying players by providing other distinct services, I will not go into details as they belong to another thread. So-so 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Some ideas for mentor system. Welcome to contribute yours

• Page: