Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Possibility of winning VIRTs in tenders

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 15.05.2010, 04:51

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I've got this strange message for a tender.

You've won the tender №2598! Unfortunately you weren't registered to participate in that tender and you haven't won 1 VIRTs

I don't understand why I get this message, because according to game rules I am not allowed to register for tenders where the prize is 1 VIRT. Is that some kind of teasing :p   

• Page:
Message list:  

15.05.2010, 12:22

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

yes, it's a tease.  these messages come without regard for your ability to register for the tender(s).
it's also a reminder for checking the tenders for ones to register (and win) i missed a few where i would qualify to register, but stopped checking tenders coz they were so hard to win.. 

15.05.2010, 19:29

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Well, but the nice thing about tenders is, that many of them can be won by very small players as well and not just let's say the biggest 5 of them all. 

16.05.2010, 16:22

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Had the same message other tender ;) Couldn't participate too 

18.05.2010, 07:12

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Tenders can be won by small players??? Choke Wheez cough cough, hah! As if. The only way this could possibly happen is if they have already been building in a city where there is no one else operating there at all, and NO ONE comes in to compete with them. Any big guy with higher qualification could EASILY come smoke them at will at any time, because your qualification is way greater, allowing you to run bigger stores with higher production, higher prices, easier marketing so on and so on I could list easily 20 points just off the top of my head. There is no way just no freaking way a noob could compete even if smarter and better in the game. Impossible, the game dynamics do not allow this at all. What are you talking about Chris??? I would love an explanation on this one, I would love to be proven wrong on this. This is also why NO ONE ever enters the duelling tenders because they know their investment will just get ripped off by someone picking them off who is much higher in qualification. Its a total trap that should be shut out of the game unless the people entering it have the exact same qualification levels, period. Not to be an ass but I would love to see how you explain a new guy at qual levels average of 3-10 having a chance in hell at competing with someone with qual levels in the 30s to 100s. Forget it, no way in hell. Please prove me wrong and enlighten me here, I am shocked to see you write what you did.

By the way, great job helping everyone here on the forums here Chris, your contribution to the game is supreme. (no sarcasm) 

18.05.2010, 19:56

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

Honorchamp
Tenders can be won by small players???
There is no way just no freaking way a noob could compete even if smarter and better in the game.

casperb
Had the same message other tender ;) Couldn't participate too

means casperb could have won if qualified to register.

casperb is purple, honorchamp is red.  casperb is therefore a 'smaller' company than honorchamp.  so yes, there is a way.

perhaps if some of your massive energy is spent studying how other players win/build their business and less on letting off steam in the forums, honorchamp, you'd do better with your business as well. 

18.05.2010, 20:00

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hahah you got a point for that ccm I roll! 

18.05.2010, 21:39

ChrisBerlin82

I won my first tender when I was still green. Believe me it is possible in certain tenders. Despite that big players can't even register for 1 VIRT tenders. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Possibility of winning VIRTs in tenders

• Page: