Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> New Rule for big companies

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic closed

Topic created : 6.05.2010, 19:12

Last time edited : 11.05.2010, 17:33

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hi all,

Think there should be a rule for big company to help starters. Most big companies make high quality good mostly unaffordable for starters.

- For every factory /  they have above a certain quality or profit. They have to start a small factory with Q1 and make it available for starting / small companies at resonable prices.   

• Page:
Message list:  

6.05.2010, 21:56

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

It's not interesting for big companies. Would like to know your opinion within a yearSo-so 

6.05.2010, 22:47

Last time edited : 6.05.2010, 22:48

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Ehhhm, I am happy Nazi-Germany is gone. Sorry for such a harsh comparison, but such a rule sounds like a dictatorship to me. There are some big players who offer several goods at fair prices for new players, e.g. I count at least 3 public funds on Mary, and if any of the big players doesn't want to offer their goods it's their free will. The small players will be big at some point too and if they are helped they will remember who helped them and rather make deals with those players than others, so for those who don't want to help it's their free decision and they take the consequences... that's just my opinion. 

7.05.2010, 01:56

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

You have to remember that all the big players started up small, and there is a lot of room for new players to expand, there are a lot of undeveloped markets out there. A lot of my grocery stores are just from looking at markets with no players in it. 

7.05.2010, 11:07

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

It's always better to encourage rather than to restrict. A lot of new stuff could be introduced to encourage partnership/apprenticeship, let experienced players have a rewarding experience in voluntarily helping newbies instead of forcing them to do so.

That being said, we can just first improve some of the old stuff to make the game less convoluted and frustrating to new players.

For instance, I'd like to see the "quest system" retouched. "Quest" feel more like a fantasy themed element, have it renamed to "Program" or "Fund" would be a start. Also, in additional to the original "quests", add government programs dedicated to train (in-game tips and info bubble)/help (similar to SuperManager) and fund (cash grant) small and medium enterprises, give them tax exemptions under conditions, cheaper rent, cheaper factory building cost. etc. Plenty of stuff the governments of Virtonomics can do to help new players before big players come in. Well

After these introductory functions/resources are implemented, then there could be a system or two to encourage other players to help and support each other. I could go on and on with this one, but the point is to have a tier support system so the players will have a blast from get-go, and at the same time being slowly introduced to the social aspect of the game, which currently is seriously lacking despite the other aspects of the game being already golden. The is 2010 we're talking about, Web is a lot more casual and viral. I hope Virtnomics can ultilize that. And the first step to do that, is to give new players a smooth experience. So-so 

11.05.2010, 15:21

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Ok will delete topic if possible. Thought it was a plan because you get a little dependent of the funds. For example you get animals of Q2 or higher. You also have to get the grain Q2+. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> New Rule for big companies

• Page: