Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Other ways of Branding "Products"

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 2.05.2010, 18:30

funkydude
Nine years with Virtonomics
Thirteen years With Virtonomics

The only way to brand a product is from advertising..

But if we can implement another ways of branding like:-

*Through selling:-

I mean take for e.g light76212001. He is helping smaller companies by supplying Electronics items to them...So when these companies sell his product in the market, his brand will increase automatically...
He wouldn't have to advertise his products...Wherever these products are been sold, his brand will increase in that city/region/country.

By implementing this feature, companies will start sharing their products in the market....

I don't see any problem in this...Maybe you can find one.....Has botheredRidiculously
Just want to share.Very we!

Cheers!   

• Page:
Message list:  

2.05.2010, 19:06

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

What I would find to be interesting is a mechanism for re-branding. I.e. a supplier only being an OEM, while I sell the product under my brand Yes 

2.05.2010, 21:17

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

It is surprised
I didn't know that when somebody sells your product, then your brand is growing.
funkydude, why do you think that brand grows such way? 

2.05.2010, 22:06

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I think it doesn't, brand only grows from advertising in your own office. 

2.05.2010, 23:22

Last time edited : 2.05.2010, 23:25

funkydude
Nine years with Virtonomics
Thirteen years With Virtonomics

I didn't know that when somebody sells your product, then your brand is growing.
funkydude, why do you think that brand grows such way?

No PectopatopVery we!
You didn't get me...I want to say is that, the Admn should implement this feature that if somebody is selling our product in their stores, our brand will increase automatically and no need to advertise in our office.

And I am not talking about branding of Stores but Products.

So there will be two ways of increasing brand, one is from advertising from our office and second through this method...

Cheers!Very we! 

3.05.2010, 02:20

TomDuhamel
Six years with Virtonomics

That is something that surprised me as a new player when I started, mainly because it is like that in both Cap2 and the real world.

In the real world, if I start selling a new brand of soap, if the quality is good, over time the brand will get to be known, partially from people who liked the product and recommend to their friend. Of course the brand value won't increase as fast as if I was pulling a $20M TV campaign. The better the quality, the faster the mouth-to-mouth works. A high price could slow down the process though.

Same thing would applies to store reputation. If I visit a new store and like it, chances are that I am going to talk about it to a few friends. So even though the store has not aired any advertisement, overtime and slowly, the store will get some reputation.

Obviously, with such a system, negative effects would also happen if product quality is very low (under 1.00 if ever possible in this game) or if the service at my store is horrible. So even though I put on some TV advertisement, if the quality is too low, the campaign might be less effective.

Just ideas, no complain!

Tom Well 

3.05.2010, 06:39

Last time edited : 3.05.2010, 06:40

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

I agree. There could be an algorithm that gives quality products brand bonus and gives stores with good service reputation bonus (flat value or growth factors). 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Other ways of Branding "Products"

• Page: