Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Contests for Managers not very accessible

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 27.04.2010, 03:38

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

The last couple of days I received system messages telling me how I need to "register" to enter the contest for managers, then I received the messages telling me I'm disqualified for insufficient management level. I was totally baffled, what just happened? What "contest for managers"? How to participate? etc.

Now looking back, I think it can be made much clearer to help improve the accessibility of the contests. For example, upon creating their  company, the players will be greeted by a message like this one:

"Welcome to Virtonomics! As a newborn, you have a chance to participate the [xxth] "Contest for Managers" held by the Department of Commerce of Virtonomics. Business managers started on [certain date] can enter this contest, provided they satisfy the requirement below.

Requirement for participation: Reach level 5 in Management within 14 real time days (14 updates). You can see your qualification through "My Office > Qualification" or click here.

Good luck! "

This should be straight-forward and concise enough to convey the idea when the player first created their company. And right before 14 updates are up, send another message telling them whether or not their management level is sufficient.

I hope the developers can make this minor but certainly very effective improvement.Well   

• Page:
Message list:  

27.04.2010, 04:04

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Very true... I was just lucky to find out I actually take part in this contest as a new player. The first week of playing I had no idea I am actually enrolled in any contest. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Contests for Managers not very accessible

• Page: