Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> More AJAX support to improve user experience

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 16.04.2010, 17:49

Last time edited : 16.04.2010, 17:51

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Hi. I'm new and already fell in love with this game. This is truly one of kind amongst all others out there. Kudos to the developers!

I don't have in-game mechanics-related suggestion to offer, but I think using more AJAX would be great for Virtonomics.

For fellow gamers not familiar with the term, simply said AJAX is a webpage technique that can update only a portion of the page without refreshing the whole page like many sites usually do. Think Google mail and MSN hotmail.

Virtonomics already used it in "employees and salary" page. Every time the user changes salary, it updates the correct employee qualification in real time without refreshing. Isn't that convenient? Very we!

It's beneficial both to the server provider and the users. From a user point of view, being able to quickly go through many links without forcing the browser to re-render the whole page each time, is an immense user experience improvement. As it brings the game closer to desktop gaming experience. Especially for a website that has an unified layout but provides queried items as lists (Such as "Management" page, supplier and market reports page, etc.), utilizing more AJAX is a sound choice.

I wish the development team can take this into consideration. Yes

• Page:
Message list:  

16.04.2010, 19:38

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I totally agree with this. AJAX would improve game experience a lot!!! And you could also reduce server load quite a bit by using AJAX. The problem is that with PHP implementing AJAX is not as easy as it is with ASP.NET and JSP. 

16.04.2010, 22:07

Last time edited : 16.04.2010, 22:08

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Hey man, glad to know someone here who's familiar with this stuff. Well I have been learning web development and once tried to write a tiny AJAX blog with PHP (unfinished though) and it was A LOT of work alright. I can imagine the large amount of work involved to "AJAXifiy" game's interface. Let's cross fingers! 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> More AJAX support to improve user experience

• Page: