Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> What is Animal Husbandry?

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 5.04.2010, 04:58

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

All my farms with 50 buildings have low efficiency for the following reason

So that the farm is effective, you have to raise top-manager’s qualification in Animal husbandry.

I do not know what "Animal husbandry" qualification actually is, because this qualification doesn't exist when I check the My Office > Qualification page.

I thought first that "Stock raising" is "Animal husbandry" but since I raised it from about 5 to 17 and efficiencies still didn't change I think I was wrong. Then I read in the wiki that "Agriculture" skill influences animal farms, which is at 9 right now, but then I don't know what "Stock raising" is actually doing, because this skill isn't even mentioned in the Wiki.

So can someone please explain
1. What are stock-farms and what influence does stock raising have, because according to the Wiki animal farms are influenced by agriculture skill.
2. What skill is the equivalent to animal husbandy to raise my efficiency for animal farms, because this skill doesn't exist.

• Page:
Message list:  

5.04.2010, 07:59

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Sounds like an issue with the renaming of "stock raising" to "animal husbandry".

If I look at my own qualifications I see "stock raising" but if I look at any other players qualifications (including yours, Chris) I see "animal husbandry". 

5.04.2010, 13:33

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Yes, it's the same for me and this got me a little confused. So stock raising = animal husbandry. But then also the wiki is wrong, because neither animal husbandry nore stock raising is mentioned there and it says agriculture skill influences animal farms in the wiki which seems to be wrong.

Ok, so I have one more question. Anyone knows a table where I can check how much stock raising and/or production skill I need? It seems it doesn't only depend on the size of the individual subdivisions, but also on the amount of subdivisions. My mills e.g. always had 100% top manager efficiency, but now it has fallen to ~98% with more mills in my company. 

5.04.2010, 17:38

golfaddict
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Top manager efficiency relates to total number of employees and your qualification for that type of enterprise. The more employees you have the higher your qualification needs to be. You have reached the limit for your current qualification and decreasing employees will restore 100% TM, The lower your TM is the more employess you need to fire or put on holiday 

5.04.2010, 17:52

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

VLLord has compiled a comprehensive list of qualification requirements for staff numbers here:
http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/100146/view ...

Staff numbers are the only parameter you need to worry about for qualification. It is not the enterprises that reduce top manager efficiency, it is the staff that are employed there.

Animal farms were under the agricultural qualification before a major game change a few months back. Hopefully when the renaming is completed there will also be an update for the wiki to correct the info. 

9.04.2010, 14:53

JuleBCN

This mistake has been corrected, from now on the qualification is called Stock Raising on all pages. To make your animal farms more efficient, this is the skill that you're gonna want to upgrade. 

9.04.2010, 19:08

ChrisBerlin82

Thank you, as I posted in another thread I also corrected the corresponding wiki page. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> What is Animal Husbandry?

• Page: