Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Advertising (for branding) bug?

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 23.03.2010, 05:59

Last time edited : 23.03.2010, 06:07

C_Davids
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Triangle Corporation

Or have I missed something...

Very often when I try to advertise to brand an item, it simply ceases to be advertised after a short time, or during the daily update.  For example, in an office>>Advertising, I set the advertising for an item.  After a little while, the item's picture will show up on the subdivision list (with filter for offices only).  Inside the office, the correct amount of $ are shown for advertising expenses, and the item's picture is also shown next to "Advertised products".  But if I look at it an hour or two later, the picture and the advertising expenses are gone.  When I look in the advertising tab inside the office, the item will not show as being advertised, as if I had never set up the advertising.

Or alternatively, it will show as being "scheduled" to be advertised during the update -- even if I check just a few minutes before the update runs -- but then after the update, the item has not been advertised, and is no longer in the list of items to be advertised.

Yes, I am always careful to click "Start advertising" or "Edit advertising conditions".  Also, when I once managed to get the items to stay through an update, I left them alone for several days, and they were advertised again and again as expected.  But as soon as I made a change to one item, items began to disappear from the advertising schedule again.

This has been going on for some time now.  At first I thought I was skipping a step in haste, so I have been very careful.  I have more than enough $ to advertise, ample qualifications in advertising and for the employees in the office, etc.  But an item can show for hours as being "scheduled" to be advertised, then poof! Either before or during the update, it disappears.

My brands are beginning to slip a little... How can I consistently advertise?  Thanks.

Edit: If it matters, it's dresses and hats on Lien realm that are giving me trouble.   

• Page:
Message list:  

23.03.2010, 06:57.     Subject: answers

light76212001
Laboratory assistant’s overall

That can happen when change specialization.   Advertising will change when change specialization or when you sold your factory.  

To keep branding stable I would use 250k -560k to keep it stable. 

29.03.2010, 02:06

Last time edited : 29.03.2010, 02:07

C_Davids
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Triangle Corporation

Thank you, light76212001. Well

It was the specialization.  I didn't know that you can only advertise to brand items that you are making that turn, so when I switched my factories to clothing, I could not advertise hats or dresses that turn.  Now that I understand, I can make it work.  Thanks again. 

29.03.2010, 02:19

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

To keep branding stable I would use 250k -560k to keep it stable.

One problem I have with advertising is that there seems to be a minimum amount I can't go below.

E.g. I brand my bread in Turkey where I started:

When I choose all cities but with each city individually I pay a lot less than when just choosing all region. Also I can't set any amount below 833000, but that is way more than I actually need, because I just started with advertising. Is there any way to go below this minimum, because the spent amount is always set back to this when I edit it. I can only enter higher amounts without problems. 

29.03.2010, 15:38

Last time edited : 29.03.2010, 15:42

funkydude
Nine years with Virtonomics
Thirteen years With Virtonomics

Specific amount is set for each Advertisers....You cannot go below them, but u can increase them as much u can...

When I choose all cities but with each city individually I pay a lot less than when just choosing all region
If you have selected country with only two cities or less, it won't matter if you click "All region"...
But if u select a let say, England and set "All region", u can go bankrupt in one day by that single advertising productVery we!
If you want to set below minimum, set advertiser which is above your selected one.

And one more thing I would like to add is that, Advertise only when your quality is good enough to sell. Otherwise don't waste your money, instead put in it advertising stores.

Njoy! 

29.03.2010, 15:48

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

All advertising has a minimum amount. If the minimum is too high for you, try going with a smaller advertising campaign (Internet is the smallest - TV is the largest).
If that still doesn't reduce it enough you will have to reduce the number of cities you are advertising in.

Choosing "all region" will often cost more than selecting all cities individually because it is based on population. Many regions have a higher population than the total of available cities. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Advertising (for branding) bug?

• Page: