Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Some monetization suggestions

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 22.03.2010, 20:29

mrstickball
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hi, I have a few suggestions for helping you monetize Virtonomics better. I work as a business analyst for a video game company in their monetization department. We specialize in virtual currencies and micro-transactions, much like Virtonomics does. I'm a big fan of Virtonomics, so I am offering these suggestions in the hope that you make more money, and expand a pretty decent Capitalism-esque MMO.

1. Please remove VIRTs from the game. It does not make sense to have 2 definable currency types that do nearly the same thing. Points are used for 100% of in-game transactions, while VIRTs can be converted to points, or cashed. I do not understand, then, why VIRTs are needed. Would it not make more sense to simply use points, and give them away during the various competitions? As a player, I am aggravated that I cannot buy VIRTs to ensure I can stay in contests - paying for them is not a problem. However, it is an unnecessary restriction to game play. This current virtual currency model is too convoluted to ensure the maximum number of users buy into the game.

2. Reduce the amount of VIRTs won in contests/tenders. I have both won VIRTs (Contest for Managers - 18pts, and won other areas of the competition) and paid for points ($5 USD + SuperRewards Offer Platform). I do not think that the system is balanced very well. For example, winning a prize in the Contest for Directors will earn a player between 50-150 VIRTs, or 50-150 points ($50-$150 USD). With so much prize money available, why should someone buy points when they can win them for free? It would make sense to reduce the prize money for tenders and contests by 50-80%. I wouldn't see a problem with winning tenders paying out at a fraction of a point, since there are so many to participate in each day.

3. Reduce the amount of points required for some items. Some of the products in the game are vastly unbalanced. The only way to buy a maximum-size plantation (2,000 points, or $2000 USD) is to win VIRTs. Again, this is not conducive to players purchasing points. You want them to buy into the game, not get it all for free ;-)     - Look at games produced by Zynga, Playdom, and Playfish (now Electronic Arts) for examples. These games do allow you to win in-game currency in some respects, but it is always a fraction of what can be purchased for money, or through offer platforms like SuperRewards.

4. Add new money sinks into Virtonomics for power users. I am unsure that your monetization team members have gone to conferences like GDC, or CasualConnect that have panel discussions on virtual currency monetization. However, one of the biggest concepts that is brought up is adding in services for 'power users' - features that only your top users may utilize. Of course, you have some of them with trademarks, HR,  and automatic repair. These are great features. However, I do think there are others you could bring into the game like construction managers that would allow users to build multiple buildings with a few clicks (in stead of building each building individually).

5. Move your ads to the top of the screen. I am unsure what your CTR is for your ads, but I would imagine its not very good, given that the in-game ads are in hard-to-see places. Most of your ads seem to be Google AdSense, which pay out via CPC. I would imagine that your not making the kind of money you could with the ads where they're at. It won't be a major inconvenience if you put the ads at the top, forcing us to view the impression, and hopefully click on it at some point ;-)

I think thats it for now. I wanted to vent, because I like the game, and hope it stays open for a long time.   

• Page:
Message list:  

24.03.2010, 19:01

Last time edited : 26.03.2010, 17:18

MEN
Four years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
Fifteen years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
MEN Ltd.
n:
Men S. V. Ltd.
m:
MEN Ltd.

Dear mrstickball , Thank you very much for in-depth analysis and valuable advice. Be sure to consider how their proper use. Now try them a little comment.
1. Virts we have introduced to the game recently for the following purposes: a) allow players to earn real money in the game at the expense of obtaining and selling Virts. We hope that this opportunity will help us to attract a sufficiently large stream of players. Probably wrong, but while watching the results of B) We hope that the lottery will encourage VIRTS payments. C) Contests and tenders increased lifetime player in the game D) Ability to earn VIRTS stimulates the players bring their friends in the game.
Such goals we pursued when injected into the game Virts. Some of our expectations from this decision justified, some no. While we are seeing the results. Results significantly lower than what we expected, but did not become worse))) Absolutely agree that putting VIRTS complicated monetary model of the game and this I do not like. Maybe with time it will try to optimize a few, simplify.

2) Regarding the reduction of prizes for tenders - absolutely agree with you. Several realmd these prizes have already been reduced. Important for us to as much as possible Virts earned Lotteries, for bringing the game with friends in high level competitions.

3. At this point largely agree with you. Experimenting, learning from their mistakes)))

4. With the new paid services, in my opinion, we are all more or less well. We regularly add to the game. But while statistics is that 80% of the money users spend on developing the skills of the character and the purchase of the mines and plantations

5. We are fundamentally remake our system of ad impressions. In the near future you will see it. There will be something similar to advertising in facebook. Anyone will be able to quickly and independently to place our ads

Thank you!
Sincerely, Sergey

By the way, you wrote that running the company, which deals with handling of video games. We are very interested in partners that would help us develop and promote Virtonomics in overseas markets. If you can in principle be interested in a partnership with Virtonomics, please send me a personal message. 

29.03.2010, 15:13

MEN
Four years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
Fifteen years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
MEN Ltd.
n:
Men S. V. Ltd.
m:
MEN Ltd.

Dear mrstickball, please check you private messages.

Thank you!
Sincerely, Sergey 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Some monetization suggestions

• Page: