Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Purchasing Game Points Error

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 21.03.2010, 05:05

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hello, I purchased 10 game points in EUR via PayPal and only 9.99 were added to my account, thus I could only use 9 game points and 0.99 were left which are unusable. Can you correct this little mistake and make 1 game point out of it please?

Thank you!   

• Page:
Message list:  

22.03.2010, 13:32

JuleBCN

A point has been creditted to your account. 

22.03.2010, 14:27

Last time edited : 22.03.2010, 14:27

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Thank you for your help, I can confirm that. I think the error is the following:

When paying in USD you pay 1 USD per point.
When paying in EUR you pay 0.74 EUR per point.

As only two decimals seems to be insufficiently exact there was a rounding error thus resulting in 0.99 instead of 1 points. When I purchase points with USD everything is fine. The problem with that are PayPals insane exchange rates. They use 1.31 USD per EUR, but actually correct is 1.35 USD per EUR. So, I would prefer to pay in EUR.

Maybe you want to look into this and eventually hack the code a bit so .99 fractions are rounded to 1 automatically. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Purchasing Game Points Error

• Page: