Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Transporting

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Voting:  

Idea, Yay or Nay?

Voting duration:

Start: 24.04.2010, 06:15

End date: Not specified

Voting continues
- Yay

- Nay

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic created : 6.03.2010, 12:57

Last time edited : 10.03.2010, 00:29

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I maybe a new player, but a suggestion is the implimention of a transport based system, where players can transport their goods between countries instead of paying a transport cost. It should use the magical one day system, but with this, it can potentially save the companies who use this system money. It will add new products, probably aircraft, to start their own transport and freight company and will use gas/petrol made out of refined oil.

With this, a company can transport their own products, as well as the products of other companies (as an independent contractor hired by the Government to ensure there are plenty of jobs and money to be made). A building can be a freight depot in a destination city and in the departing city.

Each aircraft or transporting unit will have a certain amount that it could carry, which puts limits so you can't have an aircraft transport 250,000 pieces of bread. And to make it more interesting, presents three variety of planes, such as a small prop plane, a normal jet aircraft and a big, perhaps military, cargo aircraft, which varies how much they can carry, but in terms of game balance, they move at the same speed, all one day delivery.

Of course, the cost of transporting will be cheaper overall than the current transporting system, giving incentive to make such a system, and like I mentioned above, you can carry freight for other companies, hired by the government, or a direct contract. Perhaps a system of getting orders similar to the one used for enterprise selling.

Anyway, this is just an idea, I don't know how practical it will be to code and game unfortunately, that is not my strong suit.    

• Page:
Message list:  

10.03.2010, 00:06

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Nice idea 

11.03.2010, 15:28

Zardiz
Standard bed-clothing Silver underwear Hockey sweater Hockey helmet Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover

Like it too 

24.04.2010, 06:16

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Added in a new poll, don't see how I overlooked that. 

24.04.2010, 21:41

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

In general it is a nice idea, but this game isn't "Transport Tycoon" Well I think transporting your own goods is not coherent with the real world and what I like about this game is the realism in the simulation. 

26.04.2010, 16:41

warfreak

True Chris, we aren't in the business of transporting, but it does the developers to play with resources a bit more, more options for using oil (which I am sitting on a lot of at the moment XD). But it does allow the possibility of having companies not totally dominated by retail, but through other means. Just a suggestion. 

27.04.2010, 04:07

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

When speaking of domination by retail, I find it strange that you get a badge when you're a retail leader, but not when you're a manufacturing leader. Maybe because retail requires a lot more management than manufacturing?

What do you mean by sitting on a lot of oil? Can others only buy it when they are in the same country, because I need oil for my future investments Well 

18.05.2010, 08:55

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Chris what are you talking about saying this isnt transport tycoon and its not realistic???? Any business who doesnt build their own transport system is incoherent and incompetant at best. Margins on transport are HUGE, especially if you have your own fleet. This should be possible and should provide revenues equal to any other product or business as it does in real life as well. I am sure it will as delivery costs are about 10 times higher here then in real life, at least. Good idea I say, but I would say before doing this, add the products existing on other servers here first. Lien has 12 products that aren't on mary, bring them over once supply is steady for all products on mary. 

18.05.2010, 14:11

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

That and more of or the whole tertiary sector would be nice.So-so 

18.05.2010, 20:06

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I like transporting tycoon To wink

Like the idear, but in the transporting tycoon way, having companies that can handle logistics but than it also have to be possible to manage the logistics for other companies. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Transporting

• Page: