Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Made contracts

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Voting:  

Who like this idea?

Voting duration:

Start: 2.03.2010, 15:13

End date: Not specified

Voting continues

- Dislike

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic created : 2.03.2010, 15:13

Zardiz
Standard bed-clothing Silver underwear Hockey sweater Hockey helmet Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover

I should be possible to send a contract to a supplier where you give a amount of a product and a prices so you can negotiate with each other.

Like This:

I like to cotract 1.000.000 Bread for a price of 11.00$ for a period of 10 weeks, where we again can negotiate.

(It should then be possible to made a counter-offer)

Like this:

I will deliver 900.00 bread fo a price og 13.00$ for a period og 15 weeks, where we again can negotiate.

suggestions or criticisms?

• Page:
Message list:  

3.03.2010, 00:27

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Nice idea, especially when you don't have time to manage all your subdivs.
But.. one question: what punishment must be in case if one of the partners will not do his job normally?
In your example with bread: when supplier will not sell 900 pcs of bread, but for example will sell only 600 pcs. 

3.03.2010, 12:23

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

This idea has some merit, it would certainly stop the 50+ messages I get each day because suppliers have increased prices, consequently cancelling all my orders.

I think there also has to be some flexibility in the contracts because no supply is guaranteed. If your supply contracts and sales contracts were staggered to end on different days, this could result in no supplies for production which would result in sales contracts not being fulfilled.

All in all I think the current system works well, providing the suppliers are reliable and reasonable. 

3.03.2010, 16:41

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

By the way, in real life it is called as forward contracts.
Here already discussed questions about share market, market of options and other exchange things.. 

23.04.2010, 13:01.     Subject: Set penalty price

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I think the way to do this easily is there should be a penalty price attached to each contract for whoever breaks it. Have it be 10% of the total goods value traded. Its a very one step simple calculation they can code in in like 30 seconds one time permenantly for the whole game.

example: I trade 1,000 pieces of bread a day for 10 weeks at $10 an item cost. Total cost of trade = $100,000. Penalty if you break it is $10,000 automatically paid to the other side of whoever breaks it Well DONE!

Beautiful idea Well 

18.05.2010, 07:51

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

This is a MUST. I get 350-450 cancelled contracts every single day, what a joke. This is a disaster when you have retail. Hours spent wasted constantly due to this problem. People are always raising prices, dishonoring contracts. Whats the point of ordering from anyone? This is rediculous. No business operates this way in real life, EVERYTHING has contracts in real life. No one buys in bulk from someone on a daily contract or weekly contract. You ALWAYS buy on long term contracts. The purchasing system should have a minimum of 4 game weeks contract for every order. Period. Anyone who cancels pays 10% of gross total volume. If your supply breaks, oh well you didnt plan properly, it should be part of selling, dont sell so much then, keep some in stock so you can honor your contracts. What business would ever buy supplies daily?? one month of minimum supply negotiation is more realistic, this is REAL LIFE with all resources, raw materials, and consumer goods, and agriculture. The only thing this doesnt apply to in real life is food products. 

18.05.2010, 12:56

JuleBCN

That would be nice if you had a few suppliers, but when you've got like 30 of them, the game becomes too much time-consuming. 

18.05.2010, 19:47

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

i prefer having pm's for price increases and therefore contract cancellations or just cancellation pm from supplier to not having supplies because some other player ahead of me on the supply priority ordered a lot more and i'm left with none.  at least i know to look for another supplier.

it would be good to NOT have pm's about contracts i cancel though - that can be painful - eg when i start producing my own goods and cancel other suppliers.

as a sometimes supplier, would like to mention that i often mess up (or have reduced or no supplies myself), then the companies i supply to would have no supplies.  don't think i should be penalized for that..  

sometimes i cancel contracts because my retail picks up and i need my products for my own stores.  again, don't think i should be penalized.

i also increase prices for my products (if i remember) when i finish studying the next level tech and apply it to the factory.  would hardly think that's unfair, and would consider it UNfair to be penalized for increasing my prices.

just thought i'd present the other side of the story 

19.05.2010, 10:37

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

I think this idea can work if there are 2 kind of contracts: the existing "open contract" and the "forward contract".

In the case of a forward contract, the buyer should also pay a penalty if he changes or cancels his order, that would make it more fair. Also, a buyer may be willing to pay a higher price to have a guaranteed supply rather than one which may expire in the same day. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Made contracts

• Page: