Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Tender rules clarification

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 2.02.2010, 12:30

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Tender #580 Order of a research institution - Cheesery.

I came in second place with a result identical to that of the winner.
I was just wondering how the places are decided in the event of a draw. Most tenders state that equal results move on to a secondary criteria to get a winner, but for the "Order of a research institution" tenders there is nothing mentioned about that.

Because I've already won several tenders the result does not bother me, so I'm not disputing the winner (congrats  levjxrf).
I just think it is better to clarify it now to avoid a situation where 2nd place has just as much right (and desire) to win.   

• Page:
Message list:  

2.02.2010, 13:13

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

because the rules have not been clearly stated, even if Fractal doesn't mind for this particular tender, i believe the prize should be awarded as equal first, with both players winning VIRTs.

as with tender #555 where i am still disputing the result because of 'disqualification' from a different league, the rules are not clear.

with this tender, the rules do not have a 2nd criteria where there are two equal first winners.

with tender #555, the rules for leagues came AFTER the tender was registered, and clarification was sought before the tender finished with no response from admin.

both are examples of the 'principle of the matter'.

where there is uncertainty, the benefit should go back to the player(s) so the game and tenders can be seen to be fair. a few extra VIRTs for players would hardly break the bank, but will demonstrate that the game and the tenders are fair.

there was an occasion where franchised goods was not mentioned in the rules as being discounted for brands.  the winner was eventually credited with the prize.  that was fair and i applaud admin for that.

pre league announcement wins should also be honoured, as well as this tender.  

admin, please respond 

2.02.2010, 14:49

yuga_ninjie
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Belgian chevron Waffle iron Dentist Sandalwood Baobab Sakura Oak
Maple Cedar Elm King of the Fields Golden hook Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Bachelor of Virtonomics MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

Just a thought, maybe just maybe they also counting the last 26days of sale of technology or the higher the VIRTS still remain in the player will win in case there is an equality.
I think i read something about that but don't no if it was posted in the forum... If i find the post i will direct the link.

NOTE:  

"THIS IS JUST HYPOTHETICAL THOUGHT AND COULD NOT BE BASED ON FACTS UNTIL THE ADMIN CLARIFY IT"

2.02.2010, 18:55

jobond
Twelve years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
Thirteen years With Virtonomics King of the Fields Golden hook
Thirteen years With Virtonomics

See p.8 of the current rules (http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/common/main_page/income/tender/ ... )

... In all nominations in case of equality of competition ranking the player with more VIRTs on the account (excluding potential winnings) is awarded ...

P.S. If not hard, ask questions on the main forum or "suggestions and bug reports" or ask the moderators to call us.
On the Russian forum "Free discussions" is usually not about the game To wink

P.P.S. I think phrase "In case of equality in that index the extent of the holdings will be a determinating factor" is bad English. Am i right? 

3.02.2010, 15:44

yuga_ninjie
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Belgian chevron Waffle iron Dentist Sandalwood Baobab Sakura Oak
Maple Cedar Elm King of the Fields Golden hook Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Bachelor of Virtonomics MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

jobond
See p.8 of the current rules (http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/common/main_page/income/tender/ ... )

... In all nominations in case of equality of competition ranking the player with more VIRTs on the account (excluding potential winnings) is awarded ...

P.S. If not hard, ask questions on the main forum or "suggestions and bug reports" or ask the moderators to call us.

P.P.S. I think phrase "In case of equality in that index the extent of the holdings will be a determinating factor" is bad English. Am i right?

Thanks jobond(not real name)Very we!
So i was right after all i read it somewhere buy i couldn't remember, now that you have clarify things up and gave the link i think problem is solve. But the problem of ccm_tsang wasn't clearly yet i guess, do you have anything that could clarify her problem?

In Rule No. 9 in 3 day long tender which states that:
In all nominations in case of equality of competition ranking the player with more VIRTs on the account (excluding potential winnings) is awarded. In case of equality in that index amout of assets will be a determinating factor. In case of equality in that index also the winner will be determined randomly.

Here's my suggestion for correct interpretation:
In all nominations in case of equality of competition ranking the player with more VIRTs on the account (excluding potential winnings) is awarded. In case of equality in the index the amount of assets will be the determining factor. In case of equality in all the index the winner will be determined randomly.

You could consider these or if someone else wanted to add or change something from it to be more clearer much better...Yes 

3.02.2010, 19:45

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

yuga_ninjie
But the problem of ccm_tsang wasn't clearly yet i guess, do you have anything that could clarify her problem?

yes please.  if awarding VIRTs retrospectively is a problem, i'll happily take points. think the new tender rules were supposedly designed to help players like me to win a tender or two -- how about at least giving us little league winners the points Yes  that is, for winners registered before the new rules announcement,  give points for those who were disqualified for unwittingly and unknowingly winning in a higher league.  Gift 

5.02.2010, 09:56

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

jobond

In all nominations in case of equality of competition ranking the player with more VIRTs on the account (excluding potential winnings) is awarded

Thanks jobond, I had forgotten about that.

The phrasing was OK, but the new phrase is much easier to understand - just a couple of minor corrections...

"In case of equality in that index amount of assets will be a determinating(determining) factor" 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Tender rules clarification

• Page: