Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Time zone confusion

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 27.01.2010, 15:44

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

I bought some points to enter the award super auctions recently and received the system message "You have become a participant of a daily draw!".

When I had a look at the results on the login page there were no draw winners listed so I reread the message I received.

This was in the message:
"Payment date 2010-01-26.
Your serial payment number 50.
You are taking part in the drawing which is on 2010-01-26 (09:00 GMT) (09:00 GMT)."

The confusion I have is the points I bought were at ~9:30pm local time and my time zone is GMT+10.
Wouldn't this mean I was entered into the draw 2 and a half hours after it had taken place?

The message came through just after my purchase and is stamped at 14:40 game time.   

• Page:
Message list:  

28.01.2010, 17:44

sergo
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Jewelry Loupe Miner Helmet
Jewelry Loupe Six years with Virtonomics
Fifteen years with Virtonomics Jewelry Loupe
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
Sergo Ltd.
n:
Mor S. Ltd.
m:
Venture Co.

All payments that were made from 9:00PM to 9:00PM GMT are including in the drawing. Each drawing rolls every day at 9:00AM GMT.
In the Your case:
You made the payment at Jan 26 at 11:30 GMT. Results of Your drawing appears Jan 27 9:00 GMT or 7:00pm your local time. 

29.01.2010, 09:54

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Thank you for replying, although I'm still a little confused.

The confusion I have is because the points were bought Jan 26 11:30 GMT and the message tells me I am in the draw which takes place on Jan 26 9:00 GMT.

Does the automated message just use a different cut-off time than the actual draw? 

29.01.2010, 10:49

sergo
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Jewelry Loupe Miner Helmet
Jewelry Loupe Six years with Virtonomics
Fifteen years with Virtonomics Jewelry Loupe
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
Sergo Ltd.
n:
Mor S. Ltd.
m:
Venture Co.

Fractal, You are right. Automated message has wrong date of draw. Will fixed soon. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Time zone confusion

• Page: