Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Tenders for best range of goods

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 27.01.2010, 08:45

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

Have question about this kind of tenders because it says:

The winner of VIRTs is an owner of a store with the best range of goods in a given city. The best is a store with the biggest number of sold items of trade (including TM and franchises) of the quality higher than average in the city.

And now tell me, how it's possible that on Lien realm #434 and #433 the winner had 80 % of goods in his store at  quality 1 and city average quality is also 1. If i'm not wrong 1 is equal 1, not higher. That's why i put in my stores only goods quality higher then 1. Here are the links: http://virtonomics.com/lien/main/unit/view/2418589 and http://virtonomics.com/lien/main/unit/view/2415550

Please explain this rule to us please.

Thanks   

• Page:
Message list:  

27.01.2010, 10:18

janie
Single corporate chevron Eight years with Virtonomics Spacesuit astronaut Santa Claus boots BugHunter The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Good question. I it too interesting. Also understood the conditions - the quality should be higher, but not equal. 

27.01.2010, 11:57

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

That was my understanding also.
I had 11 goods with quality higher than city average and 3 at 1.00 just for a little extra revenue (also one item lower than average quality but that was an oversight).
My final score was 14 so the 1.00 quality goods were definately counted.

To me the description of "quality higher than average in the city" was quite clear in that it said higher and not equal

27.01.2010, 15:14

Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion

I hope admins will soon see this and tell us how to interpretate this rules. 

27.01.2010, 15:38

eVVe
Six years with Virtonomics

I think maybe is higher or equal to Well
But not lower than Well 

27.01.2010, 16:37

janie
Single corporate chevron Eight years with Virtonomics Spacesuit astronaut Santa Claus boots BugHunter The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

diska in the chat said that equal to the average quality is also suitable for the conditions. Description of the conditions will be corrected for better understanding. Well 

27.01.2010, 18:36

well that is so bad...then we'll all put in our stores as many products as we can...this should be tender where quality should matter 

28.01.2010, 12:18

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

I think it would be better to leave the description and change the conditions to match.

I'd rather have to think about it more than just click click click.

Oh well, another tender type I'll probably avoid... 

29.01.2010, 15:23

diska
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Beauty set King of the Fields Citronom Virtonomics Philanthropist 1st class Shagreen, VII-XV places Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Planter
Holmes Pipe Dynamite Belgian chevron Jewelry Loupe Beauty set Perfume Dentist Sicilian olive
Italy Gold Italy Gold Shagreen, VII-XV places Six years with Virtonomics Fishing Pro Planter Landowner Miner Helmet
Award for helping other players
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Jewelry Loupe Beauty set King of the Fields King of the Fields Golden hook Golden hook Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Magical bonsai MBA diploma
One year with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Bronze bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian silver coin
l:
cnJDS
n:
Flaj Cokotlaj
m:
JDS
a:
Anna Ltd.

We have changed the conditions of winning on the tender.

From today "higher than average in the city" is actually "higher".
If goods in store quality 1 and city average quality is also 1, then product is not involved in counting the results of the tender. 

29.01.2010, 15:29

nicely done diska ;) 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Tenders for best range of goods

• Page: