Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Tender#504

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 27.01.2010, 07:50

yuga_ninjie
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Belgian chevron Waffle iron Dentist Sandalwood Baobab Sakura Oak
Maple Cedar Elm King of the Fields Golden hook Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Bachelor of Virtonomics MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

hi i just want to clarify this tender...
Are their 1st prize 2nd and 3rd prize for this tender? If so why i haven't got the VIRT?
It is said that:

The first prize winner gets 5 points, the second prize winner - 3 points, the third prize winner - 1 point. The winner is a store to gain the biggest amount of points within 3 days.

Did i missed interpreted it?   

• Page:
Message list:  

27.01.2010, 11:35

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

The points for 1st, 2nd and 3rd are for the daily winners.

After the three daily contests the points each company has are added up and the one with the most wins the VIRTs.

In the final result table (the top one) you have 5 points because you won the daily competition on the 25th (best level of service). 

27.01.2010, 12:46

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

yuga_ninjie came third overall with 5 points, so should still get 1 VIRT because he is the third prize winner

"The first prize winner gets 5 points, the second prize winner - 3 points, the third prize winner - 1 point. The winner is a store to gain the biggest amount of points within 3 days."

or does prizes not get awarded at all if the first prize winner is not registered (what a pity!) 

27.01.2010, 14:07

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

I'm pretty sure that sentence only relates to the daily winners. It mentions points when the winners receive VIRTs and the prize is listed as 5 VIRTs in the heading. If there were 2nd and third overall place VIRTs awarded I would imagine the prize would reflect this.

"Tender #504. Best store - 3. Prize: 5 virt" 

27.01.2010, 21:19

eVVe

Yup there is another type 5+3+1
That i think should be having 3 winner Well 

28.01.2010, 02:07

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

bother!  i entered one like this thinking there were 3 prizes, and i'd have a shot at 2nd and 3rd.. 

28.01.2010, 13:38

yuga_ninjie
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Belgian chevron Waffle iron Dentist Sandalwood Baobab Sakura Oak
Maple Cedar Elm King of the Fields Golden hook Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Bachelor of Virtonomics MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

oh my goodness...

I think the admin should clarify this things up, so that to avoid confusion...

It is surprised 

28.01.2010, 17:50

yuga_ninjie
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

Fractal
I'm pretty sure that sentence only relates to the daily winners. It mentions points when the winners receive VIRTs and the prize is listed as 5 VIRTs in the heading. If there were 2nd and third overall place VIRTs awarded I would imagine the prize would reflect this.

"Tender #504. Best store - 3. Prize: 5 virt"

If this is the case as Fractal mention then the rules should be like this:

On the first to third accounting day: The first place winner gets 5 points, the second place winner - 3 points, the third winner - 1 point. The winner is a store to gain the biggest amount of points within 3 days.

Instead of this:

The first prize winner gets 5 points, the second prize winner - 3 points, the third prize winner - 1 point. The winner is a store to gain the biggest amount of points within 3 days.

Just to avoid confusion. I already thought of only one winner but i still have second thought about the rules so i tried. Anyway i learned from the mistake i made...

Just hoping that rules should be a bit clearer for better understand and interpretation...Thanks...So-so 

29.01.2010, 11:17

jobond
Twelve years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
Thirteen years With Virtonomics King of the Fields Golden hook
Thirteen years With Virtonomics

Points for daily wins IS NOT VIRTs for final win (5 VIRT for 1st place) 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Tender#504

• Page: