Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> results in tender #210

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 8.01.2010, 00:07

Last time edited : 8.01.2010, 00:08

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

In tender #210 the winner is alexmely777 but i looked and i don't know how it is. He has one store (   http://virtonomics.com/lien/main/unit/view/2397723 ) and he sold about 500 of fabric. I also have just one store ( http://virtonomics.com/lien/main/unit/view/2398434 ) and i sold 902 pieces of fabric). His price is 460 and mine is 420. How come he has higher revenue of sold fabrics? can U explain me this please?   

• Page:
Message list:  

10.01.2010, 16:34

Last time edited : 11.01.2010, 13:58

yuga_ninjie
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Belgian chevron Waffle iron Dentist Sandalwood Baobab Sakura Oak
Maple Cedar Elm King of the Fields Golden hook Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Bachelor of Virtonomics MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

hold your horses guy/girls...

We could not do anything about it, its a competition after all. It doesn't count whether you have an advantage over someone because of badges or because he/she has a well built company.

Its up to the admin to have a competition that has a restriction on who can join and who cannot. But as of now we should just accept the facts as it was.

I too object in this competition but cannot do anything about it, just thinking of a way to surpass those advantages my competitor has over me...So-so 

10.01.2010, 16:56

Last time edited : 10.01.2010, 18:21

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

I think that it is just karma To you Very we! 
[/url]

10.01.2010, 18:18

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

i would like to see some more rules with the tenders as well.
Fractal mentioned minimum price for store sales - ? perhaps not less than 20% city average
turkbostjan and pectopatop seem to say stores should be opened for a while

i'd like to see different tender conditions for different levels of companies.

the winners are very skillful indeed, and i am certainly a far way off in a whole different league.  it is just that for the tenders to hold any more interest for players like myself, i need to feel like i have a chance to win.  right now, i can't see much opportunity, and it's not for lack of trying..

is it really admin's intention when introducing tenders that the winner's circle would be so small?
competitions can be fun and generate a lot of interest. would admin consider some other competition where the playing field could be more level? 

11.01.2010, 04:48

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

I've also mentioned in another thread about maybe restricting the 100m2 store tenders to smaller companies. What possible reason would there be for a company with billions of dollars in assets to have such a tiny store?

Even if it were just the black label companies who could not enter, at least it would keep the interest up for the rest of the companies in the game. As ccm_tsang mentioned above, without at least some chance of winning players will lose interest in the tenders. Lost interest = lost players.

I don't really agree with stores for tenders having to be open for a while, only the rich companies with high qualifications would be able to have stores in most cities. I do disagree with the practice of building a new 100,000m2 store then selling the tender item for one day before closing the store. Maybe if the tender winner had to be in the top sellers list for 1-2 days before the tender is counted.

I'd really like to see a condition put in place that meant the store used for a tender had to stay with the same configuration for at least a week after the tender. If you use a 100,000m2 store, it has to stay as a 100,000m2 store.
This would keep the qualification requirements up for a week making it more difficult to do the same thing with other tenders. Hopefully this could open the game up for more potential winners and bring the tenders closer to being part of the game.
As it is now you can either play the game or play for tenders. The two have become almost independant from each other.

I know this would would mean getting the VIRTs from tenders a week later. It would also likely be very difficult to implement, so I know there is virtually no chance of it happening. But I'd still like to see it... 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> results in tender #210

• Page: